Author Topic: Need your support!  (Read 42517 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Need your support!
« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2009, 09:01:22 pm »
And LA David was in Transformers?  I just looked up the cast and crew and didn't see his name.  What part did he play?

It is my understanding that he played the President of the United States.  ;D

Steve

Yes, he did and he did a great job.  My son enjoyed David's "President" long before I knew it was David.

Good luck, Captain, you'll get through this.

I'm keeping you in my prayers,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

suboo73

« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2009, 03:23:58 am »
Glad you loved Tortola--it really is one of my favorite islands.  Capt Deb

Hi Capt. Deb!  Yes, i think we only really appreciate Tortola, now that we have returned home to cool weather and jackets - gosh, it was SO WARM there!
Your pic at Stanley's - just makes me want to hop back on the jet! --  I would love for you to be my guide in BVI - nothing like having someone to show you around!
--------------
I will think of you tomorrow, as i get my cholesterol checked and then sit down later that day to talk about my AN with my PCP. 
(We have not had a conversation about it yet, so it should make for interesting talk!)
Tests, they are just yucky, but have to do them.
-----------------------
While you are getting 'the test' on Tuesday, just think about Stanley's, hum a tune that you and michael used to play, and drift away!
We will all be looking for the update, when you feel up to tapping on the PC keys again.

All my thoughts and prayers to you and Dr. Love.
Sue

suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

LADavid

« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2009, 11:27:58 pm »
Good luck, Deb.  You have my prayers.

(Sue, I played the President on Air Force One -- very small part -- my line was "Kin I have a Ding Dong".  You see more of my red -socked feet than you do of my immitation of George Bush.  It was supposed to be a serious part but Michael Bay changed it to humor at the last minute).
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2009, 01:13:47 am »
We'll have to watch that movie again.  I thought it was fun.  then I can tell my family....hey, I've "talked" with that red-socked guy!!  Cool!

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

suboo73

« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2009, 02:51:11 am »
Capt. Deb,  Hi.  Thinking of you this morning and hoping you got thru the 'testing' yesterday.

Please send an update when you feel like it.  We miss you!
All our thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2009, 07:39:37 am »
Well, yesterday sucked!  I hate needles and have a low pain threshhold and when I asked about sedation, they said I would have to stay there for a couple hours longer and it seemed like they tried to talk me out of the sedation because they all wanted to go home! So I kinda faked a headache and nausea and got them to at least give me a shot of phenergan for nausea, which has a sedating effect.  When I talked to the pre-registration people on the phone the day before I even asked about sedation and she said there would be some.

So I get in the tube and he sticks the needle in my side--was in a very uncomfortable position wheich I had to hold--they kept sliding me in and out of the CT machine to see if the needle was in the cyst.  I guess the first poke missed so he had to come and do it again.  Well the second time he got the cyst but in the process punctured and partially collapsed my lung and boy did that hurt.  They then put me on oxygen to see if they could re-inflate it and took me back to my room.  An hour and a half of that fun they wheeled me back to X-ray and said that the lung had re-inflated and I could go home.  I ended up being there for almost 7 hours for a 30 minute procedure.
They said if I started to have chest pains to come back into the emergency room.  I woke up in the middle of the night with chest pains--not very severe but definitely quite uncomfortable, so here I sit debating whether to call Dr Love at work to get him to take me back to the ER. Reminds me of my AN surgery when I came out of the hospital in worse shape than when I went in!

I'm going to give the chest pains another hour and if they don't abate, well back in I go I guess.  This just sucks.  Good news it there was no cancer in the fluid they drained, and the cyst was not attached to the liver, just hanging out between it and my diapragm.

So the fun ain't over yet!  Thanks for all your prayers, good thoughts and well wishes--I'll keep you posted.

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:03:12 am by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

moe

« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2009, 07:58:30 am »
Capt Deb,
Wow, just another day in the life of Capt Deb. You have great spirit and are very accepting of the medical errors! SO GLAD to hear that the fluid did not show cancer cells. That was a big worry for me.
I think a trip to the Doc may be in order today, what do you think? Don't want that lung of yours to deflate any more than it already is.
Hang tough,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2009, 08:16:13 am »
Capt Deb,

Dam!!!  You really know how to cause trouble  ;)  I'm so happy there is no cancer in there.  Please take care of yourself.  I won't be able to check up on you for ten days, because hubby and I are are on our way to Punta Cana.  I will be thinking of you.  Please stay well.

Anne Marie OXOX
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

LADavid

« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2009, 10:41:27 am »
Wow, Deb, what a mis-adventure.  Collapsed lung!  That would scare the bejesus out of me.  Sorry for the issues, but glad to hear the results came back cancer free.  Take care.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2009, 11:07:41 am »
Captain -

sorry to hear about yesterday's suckiness  >:(  but glad to hear the positive news  ;D

Hope things get better - and stay that way!

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2009, 11:23:48 am »
Yikes!  What a day from H-E double-hockey-sticks!  I hope you feel better soon!  I'm glad it wasn't cancer, however.  Get better soon so we can take the PBW over there and give 'em a taste of REAL pirates!  :)

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

cindyj

« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2009, 11:27:21 am »
Wow, what an awful day for you!  Of course, so glad they found no cancer!  But, what an ordeal to have to go through to find out - punctured lung!!!  You are handling it all very well, but know you must be so tired of it all.  Hope things can calm down for you soon,

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2009, 03:38:15 pm »
Hi guys,

Well things have gone from bad to worse!  Just after my last post I started really having bad chest pains so I called Dr Love to come get me and take me to the hospital.By the time I got here I was in severe pain and they took an X-ray and sho' nuff, collapsed lung.  So they shot me full of drugs and had to put in a chest tube. I guess I will be here in the hospital for 3 to 5 days to get it to heal.  Lots of pain every time I move and they are keeping me pretty drugged up.  Not fun at all!

Thanks for your thoughts--will keep you updated via me trusted Blackberry.

Hugs to you all and thanks for being there.

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Kaybo

« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2009, 03:56:51 pm »
Oh My Goodness!  ENOUGH...you hear me?  I said ENOUGH!!  Goodness, girl, you are certainly in my prayers!!  GET BETTER and that is an ORDER!! ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2009, 04:38:06 pm »
I'm with Kaybo, Captain.  ENOUGH is definitely ENOUGH!

Hospitals are never fun - and pain just adds to the equation   :'(

Tell Dr. Love to take good care of you.  I wish we all lived closer so we could come visit.

We're with you in spirit though - if that helps  ;D

Hang in there.  Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jan