Author Topic: This Week (3/22) in the Iniquitous AN World  (Read 7393 times)

LADavid

This Week (3/22) in the Iniquitous AN World
« on: March 22, 2009, 06:12:55 pm »
Not quite as busy as last week, but busy none-the-less.

On Tuesday, Denise (Denisex2boys) from Ontario, Canada is paying a visit to the Tube o' Gloom for her first MRI since her October, 2008 surgery.  As Steve's was last week, may yours be unremarkable this week, Denise.

Also on Tuesday, Sara (saralynn 143) from Jefferson City, Missouri has a follow-up visit at the Facial Nerve Center.  Best wishes, Sara.  I know there will be a lot going on in your life this week.

Finally on Tuesday, Tara (TaraT) from Somerset, Pennsylvania -- just outside Pittsburgh, is having a Translab at Allegheny General Hospital (a great hospital -- I was born there).  Best wishes Tara for a very successful surgery. Please keep us posted.

Then on Wednesday, Liz (EStacey07) from Tocoma, Washington, is having a Translab.  Have a great surgery Liz and a quick recovery.

And then on Friday, I round out the week with my second round of Botox injections -- of all days -- on my birthday.  I'm not happy about it because the shots hurt -- and birthdays should be hurt-free.

And that's it for this week.  Have a great one everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Re: This Week (3/22) in the Iniquitous AN World
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:37:03 pm »
Praying for a clean MRI for you Denise!

Good luck with your follow-up visit Sara.

Tara and Liz, this seems to be a good period for great outcomes from surgeries.  Here's hoping you both come through with flying colors and I'll be praying for a quick recovery!

David, Couldn't you reschedule?  Was that your idea to have the injections on your birthday?  Well, I suppose you could celebrate your birthday on the weekend instead :).

Thanks for the updates!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

LADavid

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:41:50 pm »
Ernie
That was the thrid time the Clinic rescheduled.  I thought I better take it while I could.  Fortunately, my daughter is treating me to lunch that day.  Not all is lost.
David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 10:08:36 pm »
Actually late Friday afternoon Dr. Neely's office called to cancel my appointment, due to a death in his family. Little did I know that I would have had to cancel anyway, for the same reason. I was away from my calendar when the office called, but I do know that the next available appointment will be in May. That's OK though as I am slowly but steadily improving and am having no problems to speak of.

Still it is going to be a busy week. I am fairly certain that visitation will be Tuesday evening and the funeral on Wednesday. And my mother-in-law has several appointments. Then on Thursday my middle daughter and I are traveling to Valparaiso Indiana with her basketball team. The boys team is going as well. They are playing in the LBAA (Lutheran Basketball Association of America) national tournament. LBAA will have real-time podcasts of all the games available through their website at www.lbaa.org. She plays for the Trinity Lutheran Lady Tigers, jersey number 32. Their first game is Friday, 3:40 pm, Hilltop Gym (central time).

Best wishes to everyone with a test or procedure this week. My prayers are with you.

And happy birthday, David! Care to watch a little basketball to celebrate? If the girls win their first game, they will play again at 9:30 Friday evening in the Blue gym.

Thanks,
Sara

P.S. Iniquitous is an interesting choice for adjective of the week . . . how did you come up with it? Reminds of me of the confession of sins I grew up with: "Oh most merciful and gracious God, I, a poor miserable sinner, do confess to Thee all my sins and iniquities, with which I have ever offended Thee and justly deserve Thy temporal and eternal punishment. But I am heartily sorry for them and sincerely repent of them, and I pray Thee of thy boundless mercy, and for sake of the holy, innocent and bitter sufferings and death of Thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ, to be gracious and merciful to me, a poor sinful being." I can't believe I remember that so clearly. It's probably been close to 20 years since i've last seen that liturgy used.
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 10:40:51 pm »
David:

Thanks again for the weekly update and of course, good vibes and prayers for everyone on the list, both the 2 surgery patients (Tara & Liz) and the follow-up patient, Denise.  Oh,  and happy birthday to you, Dave.  I hope the lunch with your daughter completely offsets the discomfort of the Botox injections. 

Sara

I'm sorry your appointment was canceled but, fortunately, it doesn't seem to be a problem for you. 

Iniquity is the archaic word for sin or wickedness.  It's found (many times) in the King James version of the bible as well as in Catholic litergy.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 12:23:14 am »
Happy Birthday David, maybe your injections won't hurt because its your b-day. ;)  Have a fun lunch with your daughter.

Best wishes to Denise, Tara, and Liz for your surgeries and re-check.  I'll be praying and keeping an eye out (ok, I'll be stalking the forum) for updates.

Have a good week everybody!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

sgerrard

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 12:36:19 am »
I pass my unremarkable MRI juju to Denise...I wish successful surgeries for Tara and Liz...I wish Sara the best in a tough week, and success to the Trinity Lutheran Lady Tigers.

David, I think it should be the iniquitous AN den. And there is something distinctly LA-ish about doing lunch and botox on your birthday.

Let's have another good week, everyone.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 12:47:38 am by sgerrard »
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:53 am »
May the follow ups be "uneventful".... may this week's treatments go by with flying colors .... may there be extra Botox for my old age wrinkles... and most of all.... to our in-house celeb who works hard to keep up updated on everyone here....

HAPPY BIRFDAY, LADAVID!!! :-*   :-*  :-*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 09:02:53 am »
Liz and Tara -- Good luck to you both this week.  I hope someone will be posting for you so we know how you are doing.

Denise - wishing you  a clean MRI

Sara,  Again my most sincere condolences.  I am so sorry you and your family are going through this.

David -- Thanks again for the wonderful rundown and have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  I hope the Botox isn't as painful as you anticipate and you llunch with you daughter helps you forget it.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 11:09:23 am »
I can only say, I second what everybody else has said about all the various goings on for the week.   And Happy Birthday David, to a fine gentleman and a scholar who keeps us on our toes around here. 

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 11:22:20 am »
Liz and Tara: I'm sending good thought and prayers your way for a good surgical outcome.

Denise: I hope your MRI shows nothing--no new growth.

Sara: Good luck with your followup.

David: Painful shots aside, may you have a happy birthday.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Keri

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 12:44:53 pm »
I agree, ditto, I wish everyone the best.
Sara, I hope your daughter's team wins and wins  - that sounds like fun and the highlight of your week. How exciting.
Happy Birthday, David!!! May dinner with your daughter be wonderful and your shots pain free.

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

TaraT

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 02:58:20 pm »
Good luck to Denise on your MRI!

Liz, prayers and well wishes to you on your translab on Wednesday.  I hope you have a quick recovery!

Happy Birthday David!

Thank you so much for the the well wishes and thoughts and prayers on my surgery.  I am a nervous wreck!  I called in and I have to be there at 5:45 a.m.  I gave my sister the information on this forum and hopefully she will post how I am doing.  I still have so much to do tonight.  I can't believe the day is here already.  Just crazy!  My doctors are great and I know I am in good hands at Allegheny General.  Talk to all of you soon!
1/7/09 2 cm AN diagnosed
3/24/09 Translab surgery
Dr. Chen and Dr. Aziz, AGH, Pittsburgh, PA
SSD right ear
Facial paralysis right side 3/6

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2009, 03:12:23 pm »
All my best for a wonderfully smooth and successful surgery, Tara.

Who is doing your surgery at Allegheny? That's a world-renowned center for hemifacial spasm surgery, though I went to Detroit instead.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

TaraT

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2009, 06:44:20 pm »
Thanks Sara.  Dr. Aziz and Dr. Chen are doing the surgery. 
1/7/09 2 cm AN diagnosed
3/24/09 Translab surgery
Dr. Chen and Dr. Aziz, AGH, Pittsburgh, PA
SSD right ear
Facial paralysis right side 3/6