Author Topic: Stressed .... 1st follow-up MRI since surgery in October ....  (Read 3985 times)

kwalker

Re: Stressed .... 1st follow-up MRI since surgery in October ....
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 11:05:43 am »
hello,
 i had surgery around the same time as you. had severe dry eye, they stitched it partially closed for a while. my eye function is back and now my eye tears when i eat sometimes, same with my nose runs sometimes too. my hair has also grown back, yay..... i too have a dent behind my ear(lack of bone)??? and it's still tender.
My smile is not the same, small droop on left side, hoping it will someday be more back to normal.\kelly

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:46 pm »
Hi, Denise ~

It's good to see you post - and with positive news as well as photos!  I'm certainly no expert but your hair looks fine to me.  :)  I also have an indentation near the base of my skull where the incision was made but even with my relatively short (mans) haircut, it isn't noticeable.  I can tell you're doing great and I can also assure you, as a 3-year post-op AN surgery patient , it just gets better.  Although I felt good and was quite functional at 6 months out, I'm much better, today.   My balance improved with use (I walked a lot and challenged myself) and what few issues did not totally resolve over time, I simply adjusted to, i.e.  a small 'numb spot' on the side of my tongue, very slight, occasional 'dry eye' and of course SSD.  Your smile appears to be symmetrical and I seriously doubt anyone would know from looking at you in that 'V for victory' photo, that you underwent brain surgery six months ago.  Well done, Denise!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 01:33:06 pm »
Denise, you look great!  So glad to see things going well for you!  I have a long way to go before I have my first post-op MRI (March 2010).

Love the great attitude, keep it up!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2009, 01:34:39 pm »
was just looking for this thread!

Denise!!!! Look at you!!!!!!! Great haircut, btw! (the hairdresser in me had to note that!)  Can't tell a thing and OMG! You look fabulous! Congrats!!!!!!!!!

Continued wellness wishes to you! You know it!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"