Author Topic: Nancy's Spa Day - Lipo and a Face Lift  (Read 79032 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Re: Nancy's Spa Day - Lipo and a Face Lift
« Reply #210 on: April 22, 2009, 05:14:43 pm »
Oh, be careful with those kilted boy references, JB.  They pull the heart strings.
I was just going to PM you that they had Tasmania on the evening news regarding the acidification of the ocean and its effect on the coral reefs.  It is a beautiful, varied landscape.  Suddenly, I remembered that some years ago, my daughter knitted a sweater for the fairy penguins on the Tasmanian coast (if I remember correctly) that had been harmed by an oil spill.  The problem was that the insulation value of their feathers was reduced by the oil coating, so they needed sweaters to keep themselves warm.  They had to be wool so that they would biodegrade and fall of in time.  Katie knitted a beautiful magenta and yellow striped jumper and mailed it off.
And yes, I am on the small bite diet.  The insides of my lips are being macerated by my teeth.  I am glad to know that it will improve soon.  I didn't notice your having any problem with the giant cake in Melbourne, darlin'.   ;)

Nancyann and all,
The words of encouragement that are issued almost hourly here are the potion that powers my recovery.  I'm glad you see tone.  I guess it's all relative.  I'll believe!
Thank you.
Nancy
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

joebloggs

« Reply #211 on: April 22, 2009, 05:25:06 pm »
That's so cute!  I can imagine them all walking around with little jumpers on!  Ha ha ha!  I'm sure the little penguin who got the jumper really appreciated it - I'm surprised he didn't send a thank you note.  Rude bastard!!!  As for the giant cake... yes... my little mouth had improved vastly by the time the giant cake came around!  Can I just point out that I used a fork when I ate it!!!

xxx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #212 on: April 22, 2009, 05:26:47 pm »
Nancy,
I am leaving soon for the beach for a lovely vacation with the family but I woke up thinking about you this morning and wanted to send you a message of hope. I saw your picture. You still have the crease from your nose to your mouth, your eye still has some tone and you had delayed facial palsy everything pointing to a full recovery based on my research. (which has been pretty extensive in the facial palsy department) Take pictures (or don't) because your BIG, beautiful smile will be back in due time. By the way....I saw Dave's work and it is amazing but out of my price range! Spectacular!
Angie

joebloggs

« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2009, 08:37:20 pm »
Nancy... in case you're in need of a laugh, watch this... I had tears streaming out of the eye that cries because I was laughing so much!

xx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Tu0PAbW75A
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

tenai98

« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2009, 09:08:59 pm »
I feel like I cheated everyone.  NO issues whatsoever.  NO tinnitus, no facial paralysis, no eye problem...soap taste gone....nightmares gone...not sleeping thru the night but after a nice cuppa warm milk...back to sleep...The odd nap here and there..and I did dishes today..yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....now I dont feel so helpless ::)
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

NancyMc

« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »
in case you're in need of a laugh

Oh, dear, I just watched The Daily Show and The Colbert Report and now this.  My fat graft is splitting!  Thanks, I needed that, JB.

Angie, I'll pass along your comments.  Thank you.  Have fun at the beach!  And thank you for yet another assessment resulting in encouragement. 

joebloggs

« Reply #216 on: April 23, 2009, 12:24:46 am »
Glad I could be of service!! 

Keri

« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2009, 09:25:02 pm »
Hi Nancy,
I hope you're doing alright. Is the weather getting warmer and are you able to garden?
I empathize with the facial issues you're dealing with. I was right there where you were a couple of months ago. I still sometimes chomp on the inside of my lip, and was thankful that the food at the brunch was easy to cut up small and eat.
People have kept telling me and telling me "be patient; it'll get better; it just takes a while." Many of these people aren't even AN people; they've just had some experiences with Bells Palsy (for example) or nerve damage, etc. My smile is finally almost back to normal (I think I'm 3 months post almost). My eye is still a problem but am dealing with it and am thankful for the ointment and also the drops that are a bit more oily (found out about them on the eye issues part of the forum).  I was really concerned about my eye when I was doing all that driving in the Boston area, but the oily like drops really helped coat my eye without making things blurry.
You're doing so well so recently a postie. I know things get frustrating at times, but time flies and it really gets better.
You do have a wonderful attitude about everything, and you're a great help for others. And we all love your sense of humor.
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

NancyMc

« Reply #218 on: April 24, 2009, 06:42:36 am »
Thanks, Keri.  You are my inspiration.  Seeing you in the flesh with your partially recovered facial nerve gives me hope.  I am not as down on myself as each day passes.  Oh, are you allowed to advertise these magic eye drops?  The gel does a great job at night, but the drops almost seem too much like alcohol and only soothing as they hit the eyeball with their cold shock but then of no benefit.
Yes, the weather is beautiful.  I have been out gardening, but now it's all a little overwhelming with everything sprouting and needing attention.
Dave and I will go out tomorrow for a long paddle to the bald eagles' nest as the chicks should be visible.  I'll try to remember to take camera and post any sightings.
This is why we survive winter up here.
Thank you for checking up on me, but please don't worry.  I'm really just fine and dandy, looking forward to my son's homecoming from college (although he will live at the resort where he works rdcsquam.com this year rather than commuting), experiencing vicariously my daughter's camping trip to Yellowstone and the Badlands in May, and Dave's daughter's valedictorian speech (He's so proud.) and prep for heading off to college.  So much happiness flooding into my life.  How can I complain?
Nancy

Keri

« Reply #219 on: April 24, 2009, 08:13:22 am »
Hi Nancy,
Your boating trip sounds like it will be great fun. Hope you get some good pictures.
Here's the drop info: Refresh Celluvisc Lubricant eye drops (thank you to Lori and others on the "Eye Issues" page). They're in a clear little plastic single application thing. Be careful (maybe this is just me!!) but when I put the clear dropper near my eye, I tend to poke myself in the eye with it because i cant' see it coming!
Enjoy the visit with your kids. How many? Son in UK, right? Is he the one coming home? My son will be shipping out to join the Air Force at the end of June (sniff sniff  : (
Have a great weekend!
Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

anissa

• My Journey
« Reply #220 on: April 24, 2009, 11:01:38 am »
Hi Nancy, just checking in on you.  I guess I hadn't read your update thread in a while, I had to go back a page or two.  I'm sorry you're still having troubles.  I'd just like to copy and "ditto" Ernie's post, so well said.  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.  Please have a Guinness for me, I just don't get the good stuff around here.   
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #221 on: April 25, 2009, 09:38:06 am »
Hi Nancy,
I think you're looking pretty good and I have confidence that your face will regain its symmetry.  Hang in there, you're a tough cookie and spirit and determination are really all you need as you recover.  Remember you are not alone in this.  Every time I've felt bad (too many to count) I have come to this forum and been reminded that I belong to a small and select group of people.  I wish I could have joined you at the pub--would have been a blast.  Take care of yourself.
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

cin605

« Reply #222 on: April 25, 2009, 11:54:44 am »
Hi Nancy i hope your enjoying the beautiful N.H. weather today.80"s i am so lovin' it!
I took Malibu my bearded dragon out to bask for a bit.
Fell better soon.
Cin
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

NancyMc

« Reply #223 on: April 25, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »
Today's paddle on Squam

Stopping for a picnic on Loon Island

Eagle partner off duty

Nesting eagle

Loon in flight

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #224 on: April 25, 2009, 01:07:24 pm »
Wow
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.