Author Topic: Liquid Face Lift for Facial Paralysis. Helps with Drinking and Speech  (Read 5960 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Had Liquid Face Lift...............ouch!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 10:35:33 pm »
Painful doesn't describe the T3 for me - but I also had all the other facial work done along with it.
I do remember screaming for someone to kill me, so yes,  it was pretty painful ! !
Always good thoughts,  Nancy

Youch!  Sorry it was that painful, but the good news is it worked well - and it's permanent!

You won't have to do that  again  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 10:43:06 pm »
Jan - My understanding is that Angie is still getting improvement in her facial nerve and is looking for treatments that will help function and appearance during the slow healing process.

Sara

Thanks for the input, Sara.  I'm still hoping to get some from Angie  :)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CROOKEDSMILE

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 07:07:18 am »
Different options are available to people with facial paralysis although it is all based on the severity of the paralysis. i.e. no movement/no or little chance for recovery will be offered 7/12 jump or T3 which is a permanent fix. Since I am still recovering these type of permanent fixes would never be offered as my case is not that severe. My only options are to try to help the residuals of paralysis while I wait on more recovery. The eye surgery that I am going to have to help with closure is permanent. I would LOVE if anyone here knows of any permanent fixes for House Brackmann 2/3 facial paralysis as my doctors say there are none other than to wait and exercise and botox for synkinesis and collagen to build up lax tissue. I could have a mid face lift which might be permanent but guess what one of the risk of this surgery is....damage to the facial nerve/paralysis. No thanks. Would love to hear if someone else's doctor has offered them with permanent solutions for mild/moderate facial paralysis. Sara, you got it exactly right. Hope you are well.
Angie

lori67

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2009, 09:51:44 am »
Yes, I seem to remember pictures of Kay looking like she'd been hit by a bus and dragged a few miles after her T3.  I think I'd be saying more than ouch.

And Nancy, all I had done was a lateral tarsorrhaphy and tear duct cauterization and I remember begging to be put out of my misery!  I told my husband that if I ever suggested any elective surgery, to remind me of how I felt that day!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.