Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 804853 times)

Battyp

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1365 on: October 12, 2006, 07:08:50 pm »
Well Bruce if you find them you need to share after all it's only polite  LOL
They had a guy on the NEXT show who was fascintated with australia and made the girl eat vegemite...she threw it up  hmm...what is in that stuff?

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1366 on: October 12, 2006, 09:17:35 pm »
Vegemite - mmmmm, a very acquired taste.

It smells a little on the putrid side - actually it's a very tangy, strong smell. If ya aint ben brought up with it - stay away from it!.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1367 on: October 13, 2006, 08:38:17 am »
Bruce,

Good luck with the vegemite. Just put a bit on the toast - it's rather strong. Actually, it's not bad on toast and a slice of cheese. Re the snot block. Sorry to dissapoint but I am a Victorian - born and bred there, only been in Sydney for 6 years. Anyway, these guys are having you on and making something up for marketing purposes.

A vanilla slice is called a vanilla slice. We are not that uncouth - well, maybe some of us, whatchyareckon Chris (aka miss banana bender) ah, that's what we call Queeenslanders, although seeing as they aint got any bananas left after I tore through the state (cyclone Larry), maybe we can't call em that any more.

Happy ulcer day Bruce.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1368 on: October 13, 2006, 09:25:55 am »
OK you Aussies, give it up and let the poor, hapless American know that vegemite is a fermented yeast product, probably somewhat similar to that black mold that forms around windows.  I already know this, and would rather have my fermented yeasty taste in beer.   Stick to Tim Tam's kids, and you can't go wrong.  I get my meat pies from the Brits, never tried an Aussie one.  Some of the best are actually Caribbean, and they're called pate.  The best Australian export, as far as I'm concerned, is the bone in leg of lamb.  Americans don't appreciate lamb enough.  It's Christmas dinner in my house.

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1369 on: October 13, 2006, 10:16:37 am »
Brucifer--I'd try the DeKalb farmers Market for tim Tams--they have all kninds of imported foods. Ya know Gennysmom, I spread summa that black mold from around me winders (only it was me portholes)on a peice o' toast, and it wern't all that bad really. The things we'll do on a long voyage when ye runs outta provisions!  Hope that don't happen on the Goode Ship PBW!!!!! Leg o' Lamb sound yummy--Me and Dr. Love throws one o' them on the barbee a coupla times each summer. I wonder if they gives the poor lamb a peg so's he can walk around, like they gave ter me when I got mine shot off by that cannon ball!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #1370 on: October 13, 2006, 01:09:36 pm »
Hey,
 Did you see on the news today that a wench was found to have married 6 scallywags (without any divorces), and her name is McBride!  I'm not making this up.  She obviously has a sense of humor about what she's up to.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1371 on: October 13, 2006, 01:19:22 pm »
Just to get in on the Aussie Food Conversation....yesterday I made "biscuits" from my new The best of Cooking Light cookbook ($16 at Costco, but there is a newer edition out now..) They are of Australian origin. They are called Anzac Biscuits. This cookie was a favorite with the cooking staff at Cooking Light magazine, so I really wanted to try them.  The catch is that the recipe calls for corn syrup and they recommend using Lyle's Golden Corn Syrup to get the authentic taste and texture. Well, I certainly want that, don't I?  So I looked in my local regular stores and nothing.  Then I went and called the specialty stores like Wild Oats and New Season's that have the fancy stuff...nothing.  So I went on-line and ordered two cans from Amazon.com.   It was shipped to me from a store in North Carolina. It's a British product. They came yesterday and I made the cookies (biscuits) right away.  They are very nice and one of those kinds of cookies that grow on you. They have flour, brown suger, sweetened coconut, the corn syrup, soda, melted butter, a little water and mix them up and bake 'em.  The Lyle's Golden Corn Syrup has a much richer flavor and I can see why they would be better with that ingredient than our regular Karo's corn syrup.  Anyway, that's my Aussie cooking story for today.   ;D
Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1372 on: October 13, 2006, 01:53:33 pm »
OMG Rob, that's helarious!!!!!!!  Here it is:

LAWRENCEVILLE, Georgia (AP) -- Shawnta McBride is apparently more than living up to her name.

McBride, 31, has married five men without divorcing her first husband, according to warrants issued by Gwinnett County Police detectives. She is charged with five counts of bigamy and false swearing.

Police are searching for McBride, whose last known address was in Decatur.

McBride wed Robert K. Konaido in September 2004, according to court records. The arrest warrants say she has since married five other men at the county courthouse.

Police said her case is similar to those of two men arrested in the suburban Atlanta county in September. Police suspect the men married half a dozen or more women each to help them gain American citizenship.

Four of McBride's grooms were born in Ghana, one was from Morocco and one was a London native, said Lorraine Stafford, the Probate Court administrator.

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1373 on: October 13, 2006, 02:12:19 pm »
Oh, let me know if you try the Anzac Biscuits!!  Ask if they use Lyle's Golden Corn Syrup....or something similar.  I'll be disappointed if they don't!! Especially since I paid about $17 to get those darn cans and also shipped to me!!  Gads, the things I'll do to make a recipe "right"!! 

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1374 on: October 13, 2006, 08:07:39 pm »
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Brucifer, ye scallywag! You be gettin' the parlay down but good!  Impressed I be, I be! Ye must speak ter them blaggarts down at the DeKalb about layin' in a store o' our favorite provisions (you know whats from the land of Downunder) fer yer ta plunder fer the likes o' us Wenches and Scallywags! An' if they be refusin', well, we'll have 'em walkin' the plank, we will! Since you be now a' speakin' the tongue of the PBW ye'll be needin' the official uniform! Message me your new landlubber addy and I'll flag down the nearest mailboat send it on.
Have a good shore leave!

Capt Deb 8)

Chris

« Reply #1375 on: October 14, 2006, 04:53:39 am »
Thanks for teaching me the Australian slang words Bruce. I have never heard the majority of them and I have lived in the south and far north of Australia. Funnily enough Australians do not all talk like Steve Irwin, when he was around. Vanilla slices will always be vanilla slices. As for vegemite..yuk and as for meat pies, you have to buy them from a really nice bakery otherwise they are pretty horrible. You can get really nice varieties these days though. Laz, we still have bananas except they are more expensive and I didn't realise you were the cause of the cyclone! So why do they call you Victorians Mexicans?
See ya later mate, crikey, strewth and all that stuff.
Regards
Chris
P.S. I received my official wench uniform. Thanks very much. Will send you a photo soon to show you how impressive I look!
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1376 on: October 14, 2006, 11:12:02 am »
Me thinks we has an official new crewmember what be needin' a position on the Goode Ship Princess Batty Wench here! Barnacle Brucifer--Ship's Provisioner and Official Tutor fer any o' the little scallywags who may be joinin' us! I have already taught Thing 1, much to his Ma's dismay, how to say, "Avast ye Scallywag and walk the plank!" Apparantly she don't want him callin' no other kid at the pre-school a scallywag.  What she don't know is a scallywag is an honorable name aboard this here vessel!!  O she's in fer a time of it with a Pirate fer her kid's Granny!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (He says that, too, as does his little brother, Thing 2, only it comes out EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!)

So Barnacle Brucifer--how bout it--be ye up fer the task????

(Barnacle Brucifer--hard at work on the ship's 'puter makin' our provision list o' grub and grog fer the next voyage and workin' on the homework assignments fer the wenchlets and scallywags-in-training!)

Capt Deb 8)

LizH

« Reply #1377 on: October 14, 2006, 03:20:44 pm »
Hello Gennysmom, What does Shawnta McBride see in the men from Ghana? She married 4 of them! I was born and raised in Ghana even though I have not lived there in 28 years. I wouldn't trust the men from Ghana at all.
53 years old now. AN size 4cm now
waiting for surgery date
FSR May 2001 when it was 2.9 cm
Dr. Laperriere
Princess Margaret Hospital
Toronto. Ontario. Canada

Battyp

« Reply #1378 on: October 14, 2006, 07:13:06 pm »
I tell you if you  miss a day of here you can get real lost real fast  LOL
Sounds like a good time was had by all Bruce!  Now where's my tim tams?  LOL

Genny's mom I'm heading to your house for xmas dinner...lamb sure beats eating anything with my family!  Actually Roy's makes an exceptional lamb YUMMMie.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1379 on: October 14, 2006, 08:11:10 pm »
Sounds like a fun day at the bakery/cafe!!  I have tasted vegemite...I remember it tastes like Vitamin B smells.  It's supposed to be good for ya, tho.  Just like poi is good for you, but most non-Hawaiians aren't much for poi.  That's a little like fermented elmer's glue.  My cookies came out pretty good...they are all gone.  I wouldn't say they are my favorite cookie, but it's something a little different and it's easy to make, excepting for finding the syrup.  Then today, I was at Costco and I was snooping in places I shouldn't be snooping (the bakery part) and there were some cookies called Australian Bites....I thought...wow, this must be Aussie Food Week or something!  The ingredients were something similar to Anzac Buscuits. Bet mine tasted better!

Would LOVE to visit Australia and New Zealand.  It's a fascinating part of the world. 

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode