Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 804860 times)

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1380 on: October 15, 2006, 11:23:56 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!  Plundered the Land of Downunder Bakery, didje ye scallywag! Sound like ye an' yer wench had yer fill o' grub and grog! Hope yer cleaned the place out good in true pirate fashion! What're they going ta do without their Tim Tams? Order more, I guess!

Now git back ta work! Captain's orders!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1381 on: October 15, 2006, 06:44:24 pm »
WOW!!!!
  Gone for 4 days, and 3 new pages of Good Morning. Ye all been hungry I see.  Me thinks pirates eatin timmy tams sounds a little fishy,   AR AR AR!!! Me thinks the swiss burritos me used ta eat,(deep fried puf pastry filled with a spiced meat filling and swiss cheese) sounds better than the Ausie meat pies ye be talkin' 'bout. Also, one 'er me fav's with the grog is the England born, "English Bangers" YUMMIE!!! they goes perfect with grog. Use ta buy 'em in an English Pub in So Calif. Have not found "em since living here.
  I think I'll pass on the Vegimite, and the vanilla slice, with a nick name like snot whatever, I'll pass on that too! But the Lamb. Yea, now were talking. "cept I think the Aussies and New Zealanders boil the stuff. Isn't that what Mutton is?

Glad you found the Tim Tams Barnicle Brucifier, wuz just "bout ta get yer sea port adress and send ye a tim tam ogram, How's the choir in ye head these days??, did the ingestion of the Tim tams, cause any new singing in yer head. ANy Aussie sounding songs??? My kids just don't get it why mom doesn't hear half of what they say, but is always asking them what when they didn;t asy anything. Gotta love thoes sounds/voices that just aren't there.

Batty P.  Have you had your ration of Tim Tams yet???. I can get em real easy if yer needin a fix.

Hey you Aussies,  Do you count only 11 as a dozen??? there's only 11 in the package. Ya know here the bakers dozen is 13, one extra not one short. LOL!!

Patti UT yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1382 on: October 16, 2006, 05:22:45 am »
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR,

Took me forever to catch up on the reading. Now, some clarity ye wenches and scallys.
Patti yodelayhoo hoo - we's don't boil lamb - silly. Lamb is roasted and mutton is actually old lamb - like a pensioner. They go cheaper coz they are tough as nails. A fact ye may not know. There are 20 sheep per kiwi (that's people not the bird) - hence the kiwis have a few jokes spread about them and sheep and what the farmers do - ah, oops, best not go there.

Chris referred to Victorians as Mexicans - for the uninitiated, that saying was created by people in New South Wales referring to Victorians as Mexicans coz they be south of the border.

Now, I must tell you of the most delicious cake you could ever have and ya need a biscuit called Chocolate ripples. They are made by Arnotts. They are similar to Anzac bickies Sue but have a deep chocolate taste (any wenches like chocolate?).

I think the recipe might be on the packet - not sure. Anyway, ye gets two, amybe 4 packets of chocolate ripple bickies, ya whip up a chunck a cream, in a flat dish ye pour a whole heap of brandy. You need a rectangle dish to make the cake in.

Right, dip / soak a bickie in the brandy, and do this with about 6 bickies placed next to each other lengthways. You can make two rows of this. Then, like you build a brick wall, put a very healthy layer of cream. Then another layer of bickies, remember to soak them in brandy. Keep doing this until you run out of brandy!. You can make a nice shape as you go up with the layers you reduce the number of bickies like 6 on the base, then 5, 4 etc.

When you run out of brandy, buy another bottle and pour it into the cream, mix it up a little then cover the cake with the cream.

Put it in the fridge for an hour or two (if ye can wait) and then count the calories. Rather yummie, it be.

Bruce, glad ye enjoyed some good Aussie tucker.

gots to go now coz falling asleep at the keyboard.

catch ye guys soon.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1383 on: October 16, 2006, 08:29:36 am »
Chocolate ripples Laz???  you mean theres something better than Tim Tams? Now them Arnott people are gonna make us all fat

We becomming round and happy PWB Wenches  LOL

Patti yootee
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1384 on: October 16, 2006, 08:52:37 am »
OH and Laz,  Ye not be needin ta know 'bout them sheep stories. LOL!!  you sure it's the Kiwi's?  kangaroo's in Austrailia???

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1385 on: October 16, 2006, 01:20:28 pm »
Jeez, Laz, I gained 3 pounds just reading that recipe!! :o

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1386 on: October 16, 2006, 03:25:08 pm »
Me great-grandpappy was a sheep rancher....so we eat lots of lamb....I believe its "lamb" for the first 2 years, and after that it's "mutton".  We roast it and eat it with mint sauce.  Yummy!!!!!!!!  And no, I don't eat lamb fries, but my mom has!!

I'm not only gaining weight, but feeling a might bit tipsy here at work just reading that Laz!!!!!

3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

Battyp

« Reply #1387 on: October 16, 2006, 10:32:18 pm »
Why does that ripples recipe sound familiar? 
I think right now I'll just cut out the middle man and soak myself in Brandy  LOL
Went back to the cookie store and they were out of the carmel tim tams...so I bought one bag of the choccie ones to try...wish now I'd of bought 2 or 3 or 4.....

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #1388 on: October 17, 2006, 02:27:01 am »
I forgot, you can add some hot chocolate to the cream and it adds a bit more tang.

Chocie ripples are no match for the Tim Tams but that cake is a "beauty mate"!

Funny about the shhep - I'm off to NZ tomorrow for two days (one day travel) for work. Must check out some lamb - too eat from a plate you evil, wicked wenches. I reckon the lamb in NX is the best. They do export a lot of it and if you can find it anywhere then go for it. It will probably be frozen so that takes a bit of taste away.

Watch that volume Batty. Oh, someone mentioned that we can't count as there are 11 Tim Tams in the packet. the background of this is interesting - Arnotts put 11 in there based on 11 players in a cricket team. But they didn't get that right coz there is a 12th man in Cricket. i think it's a money making thing.

Now listen here young cheeky Patti, it's a bit diofficult with kangaroos they are pretty vicious things. Actually, kangaroos are an official pest of the farmer. They are a menace they just destroy crops. Mind you, with our worst drought on 150 years, there won't be many crops left.

You have all heard of "the sunburnt country" well, thats what we are at the moment. All major cities are down to around 40% of ater supply left. A number of country towns have no water and it's really bad. Sydney is having its hottest ever October withj bush fires flaring up and it's only spring.

I think Captain Deb needs to do a rain dance.

catch ya

laz

laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1389 on: October 17, 2006, 05:46:39 am »
Just remember this little ditty, which is posted above every "dunny" in the Virgin Islands:

In this land of Sund and Fun
Never Flush for number One!

That dessert is a Tira Misu!  Funny i used to get drunk after dessert, not on it!!!

Batty-you don't need to be eatin' any more Tim Tams.  I shall do you a great wench-sister favor and eat them for you, being the selfless sacrificer that I am. (I know, I know, no applause, please!) Just pop them in the mail.
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #1390 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:03 am »
Too late I went on  tim tam binge....So I ate 11 of em eh laz?  LOL
What I can't figure out is how come there are so many people here buying my tim tams?  Geesh it's not like this place is near Oz.

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1391 on: October 17, 2006, 03:40:10 pm »
LAZ, LAz, Laz........
   Did I read correclty, wuz ye callin me "young cheeky"  You just became me bestest friend! Nobody be callin me young in a long time. I keep begging the liquor store to card me.  I can tell theyre staring at me little crinkles rond me eye, (the one without the black pirate patch). I try ta distrct 'em and show 'em me AN scar instead........he he he

Thanks fer makin me day Laz!  I think I might just go to Disneyland now.

Patti yotolayhehoo

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1392 on: October 17, 2006, 06:21:07 pm »
Bruce, when did you live in Hawaii.  I was there 1966 to 1969.  It was an interesting time to live in Hawaii...VietNam war going on, the era of going to the moon, lots of interesting people traveling to Hawaii for various reasons...it was quite the center of the universe at that time.  No earthquakes then that I can remember!  I did hop a plane and fly to the Big Island to see Kilauea when it was erupting. We flew over at night and it was a beautiful sight.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Battyp

« Reply #1393 on: October 17, 2006, 07:52:41 pm »
Ah...the big island and AHI......

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1394 on: October 17, 2006, 08:19:54 pm »
Sounds like the Goodship PBW needs to set sail for Hawaii

whatdaya saw Cap'n

Patti yootee