Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 804557 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #2655 on: May 29, 2008, 05:01:27 am »
"Dang! Brendalu, this bustier is so well-starched me chin keeps gettin' stuck in me cleavage! Can't hardly squawk!
I may have to trade it in fer the coconut bra! Then where'my gonna keep me pistol? Dang accessories!!!"

Ooops, I'll errrrrrrr take care of that.............don't want any damage done to our Captain!  I thought lady pirates kept their pistols in their garters!  Oops, I put too much starch there too!  Slippery little suckers, them pistols are.................
Back to the ironing board..................Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2656 on: May 29, 2008, 07:06:10 am »
The coconut bra might be the way to go, Capt. Deb

I have one left over from my last Jimmy Buffett concert if you need one  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #2657 on: May 29, 2008, 01:34:05 pm »
Dogggonit!  I don't have a coconut bra!  (Stamps feet.)  Well, at least I can content myself with the Queen Of Ickyheads title (but hopefully not for long.)

hey, where the heck is Pooter (or as I mistakenly typed in an earlier post - "Pooer.")
 ;D ;D ;D

Debbi, QI (Queen of Ickyheads)
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2658 on: May 29, 2008, 02:04:45 pm »
Hey all you Parrotheads!!
A pic of JB aboard Euphoria II sailing in the Caribbean around the late 70's I suppose. Around the time I kept running into him in different anchorages and watering holes in the Virgins and St Barts!  Them was the days!

Sail on!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2659 on: May 29, 2008, 03:59:53 pm »
Thanks for the picture, Capt.  I just LOVE Jimmy  ;D

Debbi -

I really did get the coconut bra at the last JB concert I attended.  A woman was standing in front of me at the main gate waiting to get in and she was handing out coconut bras to all the women (and some of the men) in line behind her  :D

It's been a few days since I've read any posts by Pooter, but I'm thinking he's doing well.  Probably just busy.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2660 on: May 29, 2008, 10:57:43 pm »
*rows up going in circles* Hey all! I am home finally. With her gone *ahem* I guess the thingy dinghy wasn't missed. Oh well..I am back on board with friends and a postie to boot.  Lets get moving!

Brian aka Pooter....
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2661 on: May 29, 2008, 11:10:16 pm »
Brian/Pooter:

Hey!  Good to see you posting here again....as a 'postie'.  I guess this means you're feeling good.:)

Now that you've passed the 2-week (from your surgery) mark, I'm sure folks would like to know some details of your progress to date. 

We eagerly followed your wife's blow-by-blow account of your surgery and miss our 'Pooter Updates', even if they're not quite as dramatic as the surgery bulletins. 

Anyway, welcome back Brian - and I hope the healing continues on track.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #2662 on: May 30, 2008, 11:58:13 am »

Yay, Pooter! 

Glad everything is okay, Brian.  Ain't modern medicine grand? 

Sue in Vancouver, USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2663 on: May 30, 2008, 01:54:56 pm »
Welcome back, Pooter!  Glad to see amoungst the posties!  THe sails will be swelling and we'll be in for a great ride!! 
Capt, maybe you can talk JB into coming along for our entertainment!
Brendalu ::)
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #2664 on: May 30, 2008, 02:29:20 pm »
i am 3 weeks and 1 day post op and I have noticed that I get tired easier (even tho I'm down to 1-2 naps a day), I am slower than normal walking, talking, etc especially on my right (AN) side, my face is slower due to the palsy on the right side but gaining strength each day, my balance is there even tho affected because I'm unsteady on my feet, and I notice that its "louder" in particular places (restaurants for example).  I've been to church and a couple restaurants as well as shopping a couple times but other than that I stay here at home.  I have a birthday party Saturday night and a concert Sunday night so we will see how my body holds up.

All told my progress is just that...progress.  A little each day, each week.  Slower than works for me, but my body will do what it can.  How's that for a blow-by-blow??  (No pun intended..heh)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Jim Scott

« Reply #2665 on: May 30, 2008, 04:08:46 pm »
Thanks Brian. 

I know AN surgery recovery is measured in small increments.  No one expects any dramatic revelations...but you never know.  Some aspects of recovery come 'overnight' while others can take months.  You have a positive yet pragmatic attitude and seem to be progressing at a slow-but-sure pace...but you're progressing.  It's all good.  :)

Jim

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #2666 on: May 31, 2008, 11:10:35 am »
AAAARRRRR Mateys--looks like we have shanghaied us a Moderator!!!! Welcome aboard Mr Scott! Got any spare dilithium crystals with ya? Our blender is plumb worn out! And welcome back aboard Pooter! Now looks like we can get our sails filled once again, so outta them innertubes ye scurvey scoundrels and hoist the floatin' bar back aboard, Headcase, and weigh anchor! Man the halyards and hoist the mains'l! Adventures await us!!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: May 31, 2008, 11:15:14 am by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2667 on: June 01, 2008, 02:46:00 pm »
Ooooh!  Now we have 2 of the 4 moderators.  Any chance Joef and Steve will set sail with us  ???

Jim Scott

« Reply #2668 on: June 01, 2008, 10:12:41 pm »
Hey, wait a minute, Lads and Lassies!  I didn't sign up for any pirate cruise!  I don't even like parrots all that much.  I look silly wearing an eye patch.  Well, I can do an ARRRRRG pretty well - but only if really necessary.

Now the blasted transporter stopped working and I can't get back to the Enterprise!  What's going on here?  Well, maybe the communicator is still working.  Scott to Enterprise.  Scott to Enterprise.  Canna you read me?  Hello, hello. Nothing.

Sigh. I think this could be a long voyage.   I just hope they don't expect me to eat haggis.

Jim

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #2669 on: June 02, 2008, 12:31:46 am »
AAAARRRRRRRRRR Scotty me mate.
The chronologer welcomes ye. Don't worry about hagis, we scalleys don't eat that mild mannered lot of inards (literally).

The crew of the good ship PBW eats Gagh. Now for the uninitiated or non Trekkies, Gagh is a Klingon delicassy - unprocessed live serpent worms. If they are not live - forget it. Followed by a gallon o blood wine.

But first Mr Scott (2) ye must pass the initiation test before ye becomes an official scalley, a scurge of the seven seas, a blight on the blighteds, etc etc. So we can see ya be the real deal and able to fight off any sea monsters coming our way, you must be able to hold a feather duster in the air for 5 minutes without giggling, whilst standing on one leg on the end of the plank, blindfolded and with a yard glass full o' rum pointing down yer gullet.

Are ye up for the test scalley to almost be?

laz

2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz