Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 804387 times)

Kaybo

Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #3015 on: January 10, 2009, 10:37:58 am »
Sue~
I went on a Disney Cruise (wow, are we at different points in our lives?) and few years ago and didn't have any trouble.  For the most point, I didn't feel anything and the only times I did, EVERYONE else did too!  I know their are others that have been more recently in comparison to their treatment (didn't 1wareagle go on a cruise?)...good luck!!  I've never been to Hawaii and have ALWAYS wanted to.  My 7 year old really has a thing about going to Hawaii too so maybe someday...I'll keep wishing! ;) 

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3016 on: January 10, 2009, 01:22:46 pm »
I saw a show on HGTV about the Disney ship, and is that ever cool!  I wanted to go on that, and I don't have little kids anymore, and I don't have grandkids.  I don't care, I just wanted to go on the ship!  That dining room where it starts out with the walls in black and white cartoons and it slowly changes to full color illustrations just fascinated me.  How wonderful is that?  I love that stuff.  I want to have my birthday at Disneyland, like they are advertising on TV.  I could have  a Princess one or a Pirate one, if they'd let girls have the Pirate party.  Okay, I'd feel stupid...but still...wouldn't that be fun?

Just a kid at heart, ;)

Sue in Vancouver, USA

PS
Yeah, I think I'll do okay.  The only thing I'm really wondering about is afterward, because the last cruise I took, I was okay on the ship but after I got off the ship I was a little dizzy for a few weeks.  My inner ear kept sloshing about, I guess.  It's called something, but I forget right now, and I'm too lazy to look it up. 
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3017 on: January 10, 2009, 02:13:21 pm »
Sue -

any room in your luggage??  ;)

Here in Chicago we've been shoveling snow all day - AGAIN!!!  :P

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #3018 on: January 10, 2009, 02:23:14 pm »
Sue~
We went with all of Dave's family - there were 23 of us ranging in age from 1-70 and I think EVERYONE had a great time (however, I had 2 very little ones & encourage people if they are going {not with a group} that they should wait until ALL of their kids are 3 or above so they can take part in all the activities for them!).  There was something for everyone and the excursions were very good too - big variety for everyone.  The dining rooms were SOOOO cool - especially the one you were talking about!  The waiters move around with you (do they do this on all cruises?) so you get to know them really well.  We had all those kids and teens (13) and they knew what we wanted for them all & who drank what and that we wanted fresh fruit for the babies before the meal, etc.  It was really fun - I would recommend it!!
I don't remember feeling too "weird" after we got off the ship...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3019 on: January 11, 2009, 12:08:31 am »
Darn, Jan beat me to it!  Can we ALL fit in the luggage with ya?  That trip sounds great!  Congratulations!

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3020 on: January 11, 2009, 08:39:50 am »
Listen up ye scurvey bilge rats! We be weighin' anchor and hoistin' the mains'l and belayin' the halyards in preparatgion fer our Hawaiian cruise. Yes, we are to follow Sue Wench so she don't get bored on that there cattle boat! We takes care of our wenches, we do, we do!

Hey! I'm posting this on me new blackberry so no pics--sorry!

:
Have fun Sue--let us know the dates!

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3021 on: January 11, 2009, 11:41:38 am »
It's the first part of March.  My birthday is March 1, so I think this might be my ultimate birthday present!  Yeah, I'm like that cute little boy in the commercial for Disneyland(World) -- I'm too excited to sleep!   

Yes, this was really nice of my husband's bosses to do this for us.  Bill hasn't taken a vacation all year, except for December and that's because he couldn't get to work because of the snow!

I'm looking forward to seeing the night sky from out in the Pacific ocean.  I do suppose they have an Internet connection on these ships?  In between the eating and shuffleboard I might find the time to update you guys on our trip.  I'll have to alert the captain of the cruise ship not to run over any scurvy pirates that are tagging after us.   :D

I went to Chico's and spent $200 on clothes.  These "free" trips are not free.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #3022 on: January 11, 2009, 04:13:29 pm »
There may be a fight amongst the crew to be Sue Wench's personal porter.

What a wonderful trip that sounds like Sue, and you deserve every bit of it.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3023 on: January 11, 2009, 04:32:25 pm »
Ooo, wrist bands.  Don't know about those.  I would appreciate any more info about that.  Need all the help I can get in that department. 

Yeah, so far, Laz, I think I have to rent one of those cargo containers and have it airlifted onto the ship to get everybody smuggled aboard that wants to come.   All my crewmates will be with me in spirit, if nothing else.  I know that's small comfort when somebody is taking a trip and you don't get to go, but it's the best I can do for now.  I was at Chico's getting those clothes and the sales lady said she wore such and so on her trip to France and really ...blah...blah...blah.  I tuned out when she got to FRANCE.  I just thought....France?  She got to go to France?  The bum.

Thanks for all your kind words.  I feel unusually lucky at the moment.  :)  Maybe I should have gotten a lottery ticket when I was at the store. 

Okay, I gotta go.  I'm making Ina Garten's Cocoanut Cupcakes for husband's bosses. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3024 on: January 11, 2009, 09:57:35 pm »
Sue -

it's been years since I was pregnant, but at the time you could wear the wrist bands Donnalynn mentioned for morning sickness.  So if your local pharmacy doesn't have them, perhaps a maternity store would.

And don't forget I asked about squeezing into your luggage first.  Get in line, Pooter ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3025 on: January 12, 2009, 01:23:50 am »
Yes, one at a time please!  ;)

I'll try to remember and see if Rite Aid or Walgreen's or one of those places has those.

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #3026 on: January 12, 2009, 08:52:12 am »
Sue,
  Congrats on the trip.  It sounds like great fun.  My theory on the potential for sea sickness is that AN patients are tougher than most.  Our brains have already learned to ignore the occasional odd sensation of things moving around a bit.  The last fishing trip I went on, a gang boat off the NJ shore, about half the people on the boat where heaving over the side. But I was unaffected, and a bit amused by the land lubbers with two vestibular nerves who couldn't handle it.  :)
Regards,
  Rob
PS: This also sounds like the perfect excuse to buy new sunglasses  8)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 09:53:07 am by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3027 on: January 12, 2009, 12:55:12 pm »
I've been trying to play detective since my husband didn't have all the details about our cruise.  So I went on line and with the few clues I had, determined that sailing to Hawaii and sailing back was probably not the trip because that would be about a 14 day thing.  This is a week.  So I thought maybe it's one where you go to Hawaii and then sail around the islands.  I knew hubby didn't have all the info.  So, I talked with him on the phone and he says its Norwegian Cruise Lines (which was the one we were on before) and it's around the islands only.  So, that should be fun.  So no big journey across the blue Pacific, but that's okay.  I can't quibble over a free trip, can I?  ;D   A lot has changed since I lived there back in the late 60's and there was nothing like that then.  So it's like a week in Hawaii, but you stay on the ship at night.  Fun!

He brings home the packet of info tonight.  Maybe then I'll have all the answers, and I can relax! Ha :D

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #3028 on: January 12, 2009, 01:39:00 pm »
FYI, I googled "motion sickness wrist band" and go a LOT of hits including places you could buy them.  Does that help me move up the line any??  ;)

Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3029 on: January 12, 2009, 02:48:46 pm »
Thanks Pooter!  I'll look it up.  Sure,  you can move up 5 spaces.  Kind of like Candyland.   :D

Sue in Vancouver

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode