Author Topic: Day 9 in my favorite place in the world  (Read 5818 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: Day 9 in my favorite place in the world
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 12:17:15 pm »
Wow, I can't believe you are doing that on day 9.  Good for you--I hope you had an amazing time.  Bet you appreciated it more than ever.  Thanks for posting.
Marci

3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 12:49:59 pm »
Nancy,

I have also come across large bass floating white belly up, but when I tried to get close, they quickly swam away.  It's quite possible, however, that it was getting ready to die, just still had energy to flee.

Do you have largemouth and smallmouth in the lake?  Don't make me bring my bass boat all the way up to New Hampshire!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 01:03:12 pm »
Yes, both large and small and enough bass boats already, thank you very much!  This guy wasn't fleeing anything, just gaggling around in small circles and even washed up on the beach once before we pushed him out to sea again.
It's the landlocked salmon and lake trout that I want to catch.  Just about that time of year, too!
If you ever watched On Golden Pond, it was filmed here.  Pooter can give you the story line.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

tenai98

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 01:25:22 pm »
We have small and large mourh bass here on Ottawa river.  Season isnt opened yet...WE also fish for walleye (pickeral ) and pke...I'll never forget my g/son's first fish....NOw his eyes light up at the word fish and he ikes eatin fish too...
Jo ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

Seal

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 03:13:39 pm »
Since so many of you are fishermen and women on this site . . .  explain this, please.  For the second time in a year, we saw a large bass swimming upside down, not in good form, mind you, but managing to maneuver around slowly.  Is this part of the dying process?  It seemed rather bloated around the middle (I could relate yesterday, but thanks to Miralax, there will be room for the apple dumpling tomorrow!).
Also viewed . . . Great Blue heron, merganzer, and painted turtle on our little paddle.
Jo, Not really Canada goose habitat here for some reason, too many mountains?  But we do have snapping turtles!  Watch your toes.
Nancy

Usually, we see fish do that when they have been pulled up from deep water usually by a fisherman.    Unless you carefully know how to release deep caught fish, their stomaches expand with the difference in pressure, and they can't swim back down.    We have actually pierced the bellies of large stripers with a sharp needle to knockdown their bouyancy and help them get back down to the bottom.      He could also either have been attacked by something or could be just dying; it's hard to tell with out the fish!!       I'll be posting a pic of my favorite place shortly................. about 100 miles south of Nantucket.
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 03:16:35 pm »
South!  Eeek!  Be careful out there.  We don't want to lose you.
And that was kind of euuuweee about the belly piercing.  Thanks for the explanation!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness