Author Topic: Stories to share about brunch??  (Read 2747 times)

cin605

Stories to share about brunch??
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:03:42 am »
Hi..i hope everyone enjoyed.Wish i could have gone...feeling crappy!
Tell me some stories??? ;D
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Stories to share about brunch??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:36:07 pm »
Great topic.

Yes, tell us some brunch stories, please.

Tell us about those wonderful dumplings also - and about how cute Audrey is  ;D

Oh, yea, and we want pictures also!

Thanks,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:26:41 pm »
It was wonderful getting to meet everyone. I was amazed at how great Nancy and Scarlet looked so soon after surgery. Everyone looked great in fact...a very happy bunch. Such extraordinary positive energy...if we could bottle it and distribute it to everyone with an AN it would be a great thing.

The dumplings were awesome. We felt pretty special having two large platters of them brought in special just for us. I barely had room for mine after two trips to the buffet but I managed.

Audrey is VERY cute and very quiet. She was passed around quite a bit without complaint that I saw.

Keri...if you read this i forgot to get your husbands bib number for tomorrow's marathon...let us know. For those that want to follow along with Laura (allegro17) her number is 14375.. you can track progress in real time at the BAA website. http://www.bostonmarathon.org/Default.asp just click athlete tracking individual.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 08:43:47 am »
Great topic.

Yes, tell us some brunch stories, please.

Tell us about those wonderful dumplings also - and about how cute Audrey is  ;D

Oh, yea, and we want pictures also!

Thanks,

Jan

Clearly Audrey is the cutest, best behaved 2 week old on the planet!   ;D

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

jcinma

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:51:41 am »
Katie-

Audrey is the cutest, best behaved 2 week old ever, she let you enjoy the brunch! I am impressed,

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 09:00:23 am »
Such extraordinary positive energy...if we could bottle it and distribute it to everyone with an AN it would be a great thing.

I second that, Bob! :)

Ok, let's see... well, Bob TOTALLY surprised me with his height! Now, I thought my bloke was tall, but Bob... I gotta say! If KG is out of playing for the Celtics right now, you could easily replace!

I have to agree about Scarlett and NancyMc..... Nancy, for 11 days post surgery... I was absolutely floored!  Scarlett... you can't even tell she just had surgery as well.  2 more fab outcomes out of MGH/MEEI. Honestly!  Must be the "HEI" of the east coast! So many MGH patients there.. and now, I have my "Proton gang" that I've been looking. Bob, Elaine (elliemae) and Theresa (tsl).  I can now follow them as folks ask me about Proton when they phone me from the WTT list... I now have 3 folks in different treatment timeframes that I can reference! :)

The dumplins.... oy... *burp*.... oy..... OMG!.... oy!  Nuff said! :D :D :D

they did add more items to the buffet spread.... bread station... fruit/cereals station.... eggs and side dishes.... omelet station..... carving station (turkey/roast beef and ham).. and the dessert station. Free bloody Mary (hey Jane, did you catch the "kick" of horseradish in the bloody mary? they know how we like them! :D ) or mimosa for all.  the brunch "newbies" learned quickly that you cannot do 2 trips to the dessert station AND have room for dumplins! The brunch vets tried to warn them...... :)

the room was just filled with a true genuiness (is that a word?).  Just total genuine folks, sharing stories and laughing and the hugs and smiles and total heart. Just a room filled with joy and heart.

Audrey, best 2 wks old girlie around! Truly! She barely made a peep!  She was fantastic.... can you tell I'm a proud auntie? :)  Pics of her forthcoming once I can upload them.

cin, please keep your eye open for the next brunch updates. Hoping you can join in the next one.... I can't believe (nor can the mgt and staff at the restaurant!) how much this brunch has grown in such a short period of time.  I'm floored by it as well.

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:43:19 pm »
Cin ~

Not much to add at this point except that, as usual, it was well worth the 200-mile round trip (beautiful early spring day, too). 

It's always interesting to meet folks that you only 'know' from the internet.  As Tina said, "they're all so nice!"  Well, I couldn't agree more.  Both Scarlett and Nancy Mac looked fantastic for such short-time posties.  Very encouraging. I got to chat with Phyl, Bob, Rich, Paul, Molly, Lisa, Katie and a few other folks, but just didn't have enough time to talk to everyone.  Katie's new baby, Audrey, was not only lovely but so well-behaved that you wouldn't have known there was a newborn in the room, except for all the cooing she was getting from the ladies - and a few of the men, too (me included).  My wife, the lovely and gracious Tina, held Baby Audrey for some time, and really enjoyed it - almost as much as the delicious food at the buffet.  I love the made-while-you-watch omelets - and just about everything else.  Of course the piece de resistance - the famed apple dumplings - were as scrumptious as I remembered, especially with a dollop of whipped cream and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Even the coffee was good, which is not always the case with restaurant coffee.  The banner Jane made (and we got to show him before he went home sick) for Gil was a nice touch as were the tiny little favors Jane provided to commemorate the arrival of Baby Audrey.  Phyl is predictably modest but she really does a great job.  She not only attended and heartily participated in the brunch but displayed her usual good spirits even though she wasn't having a particularly great day, physically.  She's a very dedicated trouper and, along with Jane, helped make the brunch another resounding success.  In short, good friends, good food and a good time.  :)  I'm already looking forward to the next brunch, in the fall.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 12:42:02 pm »
Phyl is predictably modest but she really does a great job.  She not only attended and heartily participated in the brunch but displayed her usual good spirits even though she wasn't having a particularly great day, physically.  She's a very dedicated trouper and, along with Jane, helped make the brunch another resounding success.

Stop it! You're making me blush!!!!!!  :-X  :-X

:-*  :-*  :-*

(thank you Jim.. and hugz to that fantastic Tina as well. I'm reading the article and tell her I'm all over it! She'll know!)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"