Author Topic: Digital camera issue  (Read 2595 times)

Cheryl R

Digital camera issue
« on: April 19, 2009, 11:37:34 am »
Again non AN related but has anyone ever had some of the pictures from a digital camera be fuzzy?      I have had a problem with my Sony Cyber shot.     3 yrs old.       I blamed myself for being shaky but some yesterday are fuzzy taken by a family member.    One esp was our family one at the wedding.            I have told our other daughter to print hers out for me and her sister.
The wedding went  well and we had a very nice time.
                                                                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Digital camera issue
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 04:34:14 pm »
Cheryl -

glad the wedding went well and you all had a very nice time.

Wish I knew the answer to your camera question - but I don't.  I have a digital camera, but I don't use it that often.

I'm thinking someone like Steve Gerrard or Ernie will have the answer to this one.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 05:29:05 pm »
Your camera certainly may have a problem with its optics. You might check some online reviews to see if it is a common problem. There are tons of user comments at amazon.com for example. Just do a search for your particular camera and see what shows up.

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 05:40:05 pm »
Cheryl~
glad the wedding went well!  :D  I am sure you have already tried this, but it might just need new batteries (or if it has a "pack" - you may need to replace that).  Sometimes that is the problem, even though it doesn't show that you have a "LOW BATTERY" yet!  Good Luck, I hope it isn't a big deal.  If that doesn't work, & you don't have a camera store nearby to ask, I found this neat website that helped me to avoid a VERY costly service call for my washer - I think that they do everything.  It does cost - IF they fix your problems.  BEST $15 we ever spent!!  I believe the site is justask.com

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 09:49:11 pm »
Was the flash turned off?  Having the flash off will mean the camera has to keep the lens open longer, which leads to blur.  I prefer NOT to use a flash if I can get away with it, but many times I think the picture looks fine in the small screen in the back of the camera, only to find it was actually pretty blurry full size on the computer.

If the flash was on, then I have no clue.

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

sgerrard

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:08:26 pm »
I would also check for accidental settings. On my camera one of the buttons switches on "take every shot twice", which always makes me think it won't scroll through the pictures, until I figure out that it took every shot twice. The buttons are easy to hit accidentally. Maybe it set on "macro focus" (close ups) or something?

Like many men, Ernie and I will provide answers even when we don't know what is going on.  ;D

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 10:14:18 pm »
Like many men, Ernie and I will provide answers even when we don't know what is going on.  ;D

Steve

Do you and Ernie also not ask for directions or read instructions?

Sorry, I couldn't just let that one pass  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 11:06:01 pm »
Anything in the foreground that might have thrown off the autofocus? Easiest way of checking that your autofocus is working correctly is to give the camera a good clear high contrast target to focus on while its on a tripod or sitting on a table edge for support. If the picture is still fuzzy your camera has a problem. Make sure there are no smudges on your lens.... ;D
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

EJTampa

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:41:22 am »

Steve

Do you and Ernie also not ask for directions or read instructions?

Sorry, I couldn't just let that one pass  :D

Jan

Steve, what's wrong with that? :)

Jan, Why would we ask for directions or read instructions?  We've never been lost, and certainly never needed to read a booklet just to put some simple desk together :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.

Cheryl R

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 06:33:15 am »
Thanks got the possible camera info.       It came with a battery charger and I do charge it.                 I know I keep it on a green button on the dial for it to flash.            I will look into the other possibilities.        It is only half the time it does it which is what is mystifying to me.            I will keep at it to try to find an answer.        I asked a couple clerks in a store and just being shaky was their answer.               But it's only been the last few months that it does it.                   
                                                               Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

EJTampa

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 10:22:57 pm »
Going from a cool place out into a humid environment could do it...but then you aren't in Florida, and it's barely spring :)

Ernie