Author Topic: The week's (5/10) update  (Read 4324 times)

LADavid

The week's (5/10) update
« on: May 09, 2009, 09:30:38 pm »
Going to be a quick one.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms.

Sara (saralynn) has a follow visit at the Facial Nerce Center on Tuesday.  Best wishes Sara.

Also on Tuesday, it will be a year since Steve and Jim became moderators -- still keeping us in line.

On Thursday, Ron (RES) from Wisconsin is have a mid-fossa at the University of Iowa.  Best wishes Ron.

And on Friday, Melissa (Melissa778) celebrates her first year anniversary.  It's been a rough year, Melissa.  Here's hoping the next is better.

Have a great week.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: The week's (5/10) update
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 11:31:26 pm »
Thanks David.  Sounds like your busy, so it's nice you took time out to update everyone.  We are going to rent Transformers again, and I told my son I have to find the red socks! 

Best of luck to Sara and Ron.  Steve and Jim we appreciate you so much.  Melissa, the next year will be better for you. 

Sue in Vancouver, USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 05:59:04 am »
Thanks David.  I added my follow-up hearing test on May 19.  I expect an early one-year MRI will be scheduled at that time.  (I'll be out of the country for six weeks so I wanted to get this over with early).
Best,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, 06:57:47 am »
Happy Anniversaries to Steve, Jim, and Melissa.
Good luck, Sara.
And, Ron, wishing you a great outcome and smooth recovery.  Can hardly wait to welcome you to Postieland.  Will there be updates?

Hey, Marci.  Where are you going?  Hope it's fun.
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 07:02:02 am »
NancyMc and all,
I'm going (back) to Italy where I will help run our opera program.  We'll have 85 singers, instrumentalists and faculty in Arezzo, a beautiful Tuscan town just south of Florence.   I had intended on being fully healed by now, but it looks like I'll be taking my issues on the road.
Ciao!
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

suboo73

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 07:32:41 am »
Hi David and thank you for the updates!

Sara (saralynn) - i hope your follow visit at the Facial Nerve Center goes well!
Ron (RES) - my thoughts and prayers for you during your surgery time and speedy recovery.

Melissa (Melissa778) - my thoughts and prayers to you and your family for the next year to be peaceful.

And last but not least, happy first moderator anniversary to Steve and Jim! 
You are always there to help us along - my sincerest thanks you for all the time you put into the Forum.

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2009, 08:56:16 am »
Also on Tuesday, it will be a year since Steve and Jim became moderators -- still keeping us in line.

sending my best wishes to all those having treatments or follow ups this week! Continued wellness.....

...and as for my Mod co-horts in crime in celebrating their 1 yr anniversary.... I bequeath to them... mini-whips! (shorter than mine but still as effective!).  You all have fun cracking away at the "evil doers"... if need be, of course! :D

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2009, 12:05:16 pm »
Good luck with your surgery Ron.  I'm confident everything will turn out just fine for you.  Will anyone be updating us on your recovery?

Sara, best wishes for a great appointment at the Facial Nerve Center.

Melissa, I sincerely hope you get your sinus issue cleared up so you can go on to the BAHA.  I think you'll love it  ;D  Congratulations on being a postie for a whole year now!  Plan some type of celebration; you certainly deserve it.

Jim & Steve - thanks for moderating us with a firm, but gentle hand.  Hope that doesn't all change now that Phyl has bequeathed you both whips!  ::)

Guess Lori and I will have to learn how to duck faster  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 02:44:47 pm »
David:

My usual thanks for yet another in a continuing series of informative updates on our extended AN family.  :)

My best wishes and prayers go out to Ron as he approaches his AN removal surgery on Thursday. 

May Sara have a productive follow-up visit on Tuesday.

Happy one-year Anniversary to Melissa.  I pray for better days for Melissa.  She's certainly earned them. 

Has it been one year as a moderator already?  Can I put in for a raise, now?  ;)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

wendysig

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 03:57:56 pm »
David -

Thanks as always for the update.  I hope you win your fight with the IRS.

Ron -- Good luck -- is someone posting for you?

Sara --- I hope your appointment at the Facial Nerve Center goes well.

Melissa - Happy One Year ANniversary.  Hopefully the next year will be much better.

Jim and Steve -  Happy anniversary.  You deserve a pay raise but you'll have to talk to Phyl about that!   ;D

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 06:02:20 pm »
Jim and Steve -  Happy anniversary.  You deserve a pay raise but you'll have to talk to Phyl about that!   ;D

line forms behind me and Joe.... but, I'll raise you a toast for a job well done!
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 08:58:19 pm »
Marci,

Can I come?  Please, Please, Pretty Please.....I'll be on best behavior  ;)

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2009, 09:11:44 pm »
Phyl,

I thought you and joef got raises last year  ;)

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2009, 10:55:31 pm »
Hope all the Moms had a wonderful Mother’s Day :)

Ron, wishing you only the best for a successful surgery on Thursday.

Hope your Dr. has good news for you Sara on Tuesday.

Happy anniversary Melissa.

Jim & Steve, your words of wisdom and encouragement mean a lot to us.  We hope you’re here for a long time to come, you have so much to offer, and there are new comers every day who you will need your help as we did.  I know we’ve said it before, but we could never say it enough…THANK YOU ;)

Rich & Scarlett

P.S. Thank you David, glad to know nothing was wrong :)
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2009, 12:24:35 am »
Nice to see a short list once in a while :).

Sara (saralynn), good luck with your visit at the Facial Nerve Center on Tuesday!

Ron (RES), I promise to say a prayer for you and hope it brings you a successful and trouble-free surgery on Thursday!

Grats on your first year anniversary Melissa!  I'm with David, let's make year 2 a whole lot better :).

And of course, congratulations to Steve and Jim on their one year moderatorness! 

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.