Author Topic: This Week (5/17) in the Rumbustious World of the AN  (Read 8715 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: This Week (5/17) in the Rumbustious World of the AN
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 06:21:22 pm »
Hey, are you trying to take away Jim's job  ;)  :D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2009, 07:41:08 pm »
Best wishes to everyone on all their "stuff" this next week.

Somebody stole your hat?  That's just evil.  Rotten people.  Perhaps you might pursue getting a PO Box, which might be more secure.  Who knows what they might take next time.   ???

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Lainie181818

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2009, 11:42:53 pm »
OMG so much fuss over 1 adjective.
ADJ Rumbustious, noisy. lacking in restraint or discipline "a boisterous crowd" A social gathering that became rambustious and out of hand.
Thanks as usual David for great update. Did you have someone in mind with rambustious?
Lainie.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 05:22:38 am »
*pulls out bullwhip!!!!!!!!!!*   :o

Ok, who stole David's hat..... a true Steve original!??!?!?!?  Let me at'em!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:(  >:(  >:(

For all those having treatments and follow ups this week... I send continued wellness wishes to you all......

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 07:12:45 am »
Did you have someone in mind with rambustious?

Yes... me.... as he knows I get quite rambustious when folks on this forum get outta hand... :)

*looks at the peanut gallery and begins to single out those that are rambustious......*

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

wendysig

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 08:56:21 am »
David -

Thanks as always for the great update.  I will join in by saying how truly miserable it was of whomever stole your" Steve Original"  I'm sorry this happened to you.

Good luck to Helene, Alicia, Carolyn and Melissa.  Melissa -- I truly hope the sinus surgery gets all the gunk out and your infection will finally be cured.  I also hope the trip to the TOG is an easy one that brings good news.  Ernie -- good luck with your two month check-up.  I'm sure you'll get good news.  Your recovery, so far, has been amazing!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 09:06:07 am »
Actually, it's spelled rambunctious and pronounced ram-ˈbunk-shəs .  Check Webster's.  Whatever, I think we all get the idea that the 'AN World' is unruly.  I will admit that we're all a bit rambunctious at times, myself included. 

That having been established, let's thank David again for his yeoman's work in alerting us to important events in the lives of our members.  For the most part, I'm proud of the class shown by the vast majority of the folks who visit and post on these forums.  I trust that will remain the case for the foreseeable future.  :) 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

wendysig

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 02:37:34 pm »
Jan - 

No one took away Jim's job after all!  Thanks Jim!   ;D

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 02:39:30 pm »
No one took away Jim's job after all!

heck, I think he got a pay raise and is now able to fly "Coach" on the Mod Leer Jet vs. being stuck in luggage hold! :D

*runs like heck, looking over shoulder for Jim* :D

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 03:15:49 pm »
heck, I think he got a pay raise and is now able to fly "Coach" on the Mod Leer Jet vs. being stuck in luggage hold! :D

Alright, I know this is fun and all, but I think it's time we get back on topic here  ;)

-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 03:18:32 pm »

Alright, I know this is fun and all, but I think it's time we get back on topic here  ;)

AN Community, Mr. SmartiePants  ;) :D  :-*..... and yes, totally on topic as humor in AN Community (only) helps whateva' ails ya..... Art Linkletter was right... truly the best medicine. So, for all those enduring this week.... keep on laughing... it'll help get you through anything! :D

Lilan

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 03:28:59 pm »
Is this the right time to nominate "Sucktastic"?  :o :D :D :D Perhaps for the week of June 8?  :o ;D ;D ;D
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 09:04:14 pm »
Best wishes all.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

moe

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 09:58:03 am »
Thanks all for the entertainment, and thanks for the great WEEKLY update!
Lots going on this week.
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

lori67

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 11:29:36 am »
Ok, first of all, I'm sure it was the spelling typo that confused some of us, causing the fuss.   :D

And second, while I'm really mad about someone stealing your hat, David, I have to ask myself...who the heck would steal a Steelers hat?   :D  I'm sure once the thief sees the colors, he or she will put it back in your mailbox! ;D  (Just teasing you, don't go getting rambunctious on me!).

Lori (Miami Dolphins fan)
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.