Author Topic: Chelsea again  (Read 2590 times)

chelsmom

Chelsea again
« on: May 30, 2009, 10:57:10 pm »
Hello All,

As some of you know, my daughter Chelsea has been through a sub-total surgery and radiation in the summer of 2006. Then in January 09 her MRI revealed regrowth.  We are now at the new Ronald Regan UCLA Hospital waiting for her to have surgery on Mon. June 1.  Yesterday, Friday the 29th, she had a cranial-angiogram so they could trace the vascular activity to the tumor.  The surgeon was able to embolize about 50% of the vessels which they are hoping will make the surgery less bloody.  Her previous surgeries were very vascular which forced them to do a 2 stage surgery.  The down side to this procedure is Chelsea was left with a horrific headache and because her blood pressure dropped so low she was unable to get any pain meds for several hours until the pressure went up.  Usually they release you the next day but because of the blood pressure problem they've decided to just keep her here.  It is unknown as to why her pressure is still fairly low.

So here she goes again.  Please say a prayer for her that all goes well and she'll be home recovering soon. 

Take Care,
Midhelle

alwaysthere

Re: Chelsea again
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 11:09:48 pm »
I will say a special prayer for her. Hope all goes well.

Patty

P.S. I continue to pray for all of us on here who are dealing with what life throws our way.
Diagnosed 1/09 1.6cm left side
5/09 2cm
hearing & balance problems
Surgery Date June 25, 2009 St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester, Mn
Surgery went great, can still hear!!!!

"This too shall come to pass and life will go on"

Jackie

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:26:08 am »
So very sorry that you all have to go through this again, may your blessings be many on the other side of this journey! I continually keep all of my AN family in my daily prayers. We all should do that as I do believe there is power in Prayer!!! Since our trials are many, may our blessings be more!
Love to all,
Jackie
9mm x 11mm Right Side AN mild Tinnitis, and 60% hearing loss
Diagnosed 02/04/2007
Nov.13th, diagnosed with 5mm Meningioma
9/24/08 diagnosed with Aneurysm
Wait and watch per ENT's advice and researching my options!!! What's next???

kenneth_k

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 02:06:05 am »
You will both be in my thoughts. I hope the procedure will be less complicated this time.

Regards, Kenneth

Kaybo

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 06:36:56 am »
Oh Michelle~
Thanks for letting us know - so sorry that things didn't go so well Friday - I hope that she has some relief from the pain today.  She (all of you) has been thru so much already...keep on fighting...she is a STRNG girl!

You are all in my prayers!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 06:54:42 am »
Michelle,

Prayers and positive energy and good thoughts are coming your way and Chelsea's.  Wow that girl has been through more than most people in a lifetime.  As others have said, Chelsea is one strong young lady.  I'm putting on my pirate socks in her honor and I'll keep them on until I hear that Chelsea is doing fine.
Hugs and love,
Brenda
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

suboo73

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 08:06:50 am »
Michelle, 

I will continue my thoughts and prayers for you, Chelsea and your extended family.
Best wishes for a quick surgery on June 1st.
Please send updates when you can.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 09:07:15 am »
Michelle -

I'm so sorry that you, Chelsea, and the rest of your family are having to go through this again.

My prayers are with all of you.

Please keep us updated on Chelsea's surgery and recovery when you find the time.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

robynabc

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2009, 09:15:44 am »
Hi,

I just posted today for the first time in a long time.  I remember Chelsea.  You guys gave us a strength to deal with what we were going through.  I am very sorry she has to go through this again.  I am here for you if you need it too.  I am thinking it should be much easier this time it must be smaller.  I do know this,  it is all going to be okay.  I know this. 

Peace and prayers.

Robyn
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

raj_06

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2009, 10:11:15 am »
I remember Chelsea too. I had my surgery in Sept of 2006, and had found out about my tumor during the summer of 06. So, when I read posts here as a guest I remember having read your posts. I am sorry that she had a regrowth..but I pray to god that everything will come out really well this time..I had my surgery when I was 22 and am 25 now..Chelsea seems to be young too (how old is she?)..and I can really empathize with her as a young AN member too..

-Raj
"After all these ordeals, I still say all is well":)

sgerrard

« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2009, 11:54:56 am »
Best wishes to Chelsea in her latest round of medical procedures. It is high time for her to have a great outcome and get a chance to move on in her life.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2009, 12:19:42 pm »
Michelle,

I honestly don't know what to say, bearing witness to Chelsea's journey (and Chris and all) and know it's been so very difficult over the past 3 years. But, if that daughter of your's has taught me or anyone here (that's been here for the long haul from the start) anything... it is that the amount of courage and strength and resiliancy she has is overwhelming and we should be so luck to have an iota of what she's got... and I know she gets it from mom!  :-*

Thank you for this update and you KNOW you all are in thoughts/prayers/wishes..... will look for the updates.

Hang in there Michelle and please give Chelsea my very best!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2009, 02:02:50 pm »
Michelle ~

Like so many others, I was dismayed to learn that your valiant daughter, Chelsea, has to undergo yet another AN-related surgery.  You've been a rock of support for Chelsea these past 3 years.  She is a special young woman and she has a very special mom.

I pray Chelsea's surgery goes smoothly and is completely successful, without complications, this time. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 06:47:07 pm »
I've only been on this forum for a little less than a year, but my heart goes out to Chelsea for having to go through all these procedures.  I've sent up a prayer for all to go well.  Stay positive!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 08:40:20 pm »
I am so sorry to hear about this latest bout for Chelsea, she has been through too much to deserve this. This is one time where she can rightfully say "WHY ME"?

A number of posters here have co-lived Chelseas last few years and getting an AN is not much fun for anyone but for a "youngen" its probably worse. pretty hard to deal with all those mixed emotions.

My heart goes out to you Michelle and Chelsea and really wish that her blood pressure stabilises soon and her headache goes - I can really empathise with that one.

And in the true Ozzie way, as i have done for others, i have declared a public holiday for next Monday in order for Chelsea to get better and be up and running. She'll have to co-share Monday with our Queen's birthday who we are also celebrating next Monday but that shouldn't matter.

cheers

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz