Author Topic: Stoneaxe's Update  (Read 47855 times)

doinoc

Re: Stoneaxe's Update
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2009, 07:00:36 am »
continued well wiishing for a great recovery....God Bless over you and your family
Doinoc
(Deb)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2009, 01:10:59 pm »
Hi, Bob ~

Great photos and even better, the prognosis from your doctor that you'll very likely regain full facial mobility.  By now, you're probably home and on the way to a complete recovery, just as we all expected.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

stoneaxe

• Make your good days more than make up for the bad.
    • Cape Cod Bay Challenge
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2009, 07:39:27 pm »
Hello All,

Thanks, all the well wishes have meant a lot. Things went very well with the surgery. I'm home today well ahead of the curve on recovery. Feeling very, very, good. I did have a bit of double vision but its already gone. Wonky head but not bad...definitely something I'll be able to work out. My tinnitus has reduced to a single light tone, almost unnoticeable compared to previously and it didn't really bother me before. Headaches managed well so far and I'm hoping they dissapear with healing. No water for 6 weeks but I'll be training a lot inside. I'm going to have a hard time following those orders but the Boss will shoot me if I don't. No sense pushing it I guess. I'm sure of my ability to paddle across the bay.

Jb...I got your vid today....awesome. Sue and I watched it together....too funny and Thank you very much for sharing.

We'll definitely be at the brunch Phyl.

Thanks again to all of you for help and in particular for holding Sue's hand through all this. Still a ways to go to get our lives back to normal but the big step is taken.

Time for a nap.
Bob - Official Member of the Postie/Toasty Club
6mm AN treated with Proton Beam Radiosurgery in March 2004
at Mass General Hospital, Dr's Loeffler and Chapman
Cut the little bugger out the second time around in 2009..translab at MGH with Dr's McKenna and Barker.
http://www.capecodbaychallenge.org

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2009, 08:05:49 pm »
Best of luck to you in your recovery!!  Being on the other side of this thing is a great relief - take it easy...or as easy as you can tolerate.  You'll do great!!

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

Vivian B.

« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2009, 08:24:02 pm »
Hi Bob,

Glad you are doing ok. You look great. Best wishes to a speedy recovery.

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

Kaybo

« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2009, 08:36:47 pm »
Bob~
So great to hear you are doing so well!!  Snaps for you!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2009, 12:29:56 am »
Bob,

You look marvelous!   Billy Crystal used to say (as some character on Saturday Night LiveI " it is more important to look good than to feel good!"  I don'r think that's really true so I hope you feel as good as you look!  Rest and heal -- glad you made it home in time for Father's Day -- let the pampering begin!!! 

Sending healing vibes your way,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

joebloggs

« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2009, 01:00:27 am »
Hey Bob, you look fantastic!  Whoop whoop for that!  Glad you and Sue liked the vid - it was fun making it!  I wouldn't worry that you didn't come out looking like Brad Pitt - I think he's starting to look a bit squidgy round the edges and you look far better than him!

SO glad you're doing well.  Yipee!

xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2009, 07:38:06 am »

Back already ? wow... doing great ! .. walking ok ?...

dont push for paddle boarding to fast.... you have to watch for cfs leaks... and I remember the first time I was in a boat in calm water... I was falling all the time... but it does come back... time and practice.... those sea legs just have to re-learn....
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Tumbleweed

« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2009, 01:01:13 pm »
Bob, I'm relieved and happy to hear everything went so well. Take care of yourself, okay? Here's wishing for a speedy and full recovery.

Best wishes,
TW
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

MissMolly

« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2009, 02:25:06 pm »
Hey Bob,
Glad to hear you are home and well following surgery.  I go in in the wee hours of tomorrow morning and am looking forward to my first hit of valium.  This has been a sressful weekend!!!  Did Sue tell you I stopped and gave her a hug while she was waiting?

Your pictures look great.  I know improvement will be fast and furious.

You Rocked It!!

Congratulations!!

Miss Molly
Diagnosed 3/09 1.1cm tumor - 4/17/09 - had grown to 1.2
Age 61 - married with three adult kids
MidFossa surgery completed June 22nd
Mass General/Mass Eye and Ear - Martuza and McKenna
The tumor has grown back.  Now working with Mass General.  Dr. Loeffler feels I am not a candidate for proton beam.

Seal

« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2009, 03:08:36 pm »
Hi Bob,

Congratulations on putting the surgery behind you.    Happy Father's Day, and let the girls and your wife spoil you rotten for awhile!   You deserve it.    I'm sure your recovery will continue to be quick like mine has been.   You have already been compensating for a long time, and the imbalance that you have now will come back quickly in the next several weeks and coming months.   Just take it easy, and stay patient.     The best is yet to come.     I am sure you are relieved now!

Best regards,
Steve

PS: Update your profile.......you're a postie now!!!!!
Diagnosed 1/14/09 - 2.4cm AN right side --- about 70% cycstic
Retrosigmoid wiih McKenna & Barker - total removal successful on April 13th. 
Issues: balance, facial & mouth numbness, hearing loss right side
Results:   numbness gone, balance is good, SSD right side. Great results.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:01 pm »
Stoneaxe -

Brad Pitt or no Brad Pitt, you're looking pretty damn good for a guy who just had brain surgery ;D

Glad to hear things went so well - you'll be back on the board before you know it!

Happy Father's Day.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Darlene

« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2009, 08:26:21 pm »
I am so happy for you and your family on your successful surgery!  Best wishes for a continued speedy recovery. 

Take care,
Darlene
DX: 12/6/08
1.4cm intracanicular -Middle Fossa Surgery on 7/1/09 @ NYU. Hearing preserved and speech discrimination has actually gotten better!!   Temporary Facial Paralysis- showing improvement.  1yr post-op hearing test- same 96% speech recognition- yeah!

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2009, 11:00:13 pm »
My tinnitus has reduced to a single light tone, almost unnoticeable compared to previously and it didn't really bother me before.

THAT is great news! Congrats- now you are a postie at the other end.

DHM
4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!