Author Topic: If its not one thing its another...  (Read 10872 times)

anissa

• My Journey
Re: If its not one thing its another...
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2009, 11:33:15 pm »
Ernie, sorry to hear about the newest surgery, ugh!  I hope by now you are contemplating that floor again.  :)  A few months ago I was in the ER with a gall bladder attack.  They wanted me to call the surgeon the next day and schedule to have it removed but I haven't done it yet, I'm a little bitter towards surgery still, ha ha.  Obviously mine was not critical as yours was.  Anyway, I hope you're feeling better than your old self by now!   ;D
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

b91221b

• 1.4 x .09 cm 5/09. CK 10/21-22-23/09.
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 08:49:03 am »
Ernie...I'm so sorry that you've had to go under "the knife"...again....Our prayers are with you and your family.  I trust that the healing is coming along quickly....  I think surgery to the abdomen is probably one of the most uncomfortable areas to have worked on.    At least we're having great "winter weather" here in FL these days...so maybe you can just get out and enjoy some of it!  God bless!

Barbara
Barbara

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 10:50:16 am »
I'm doing very well now.  Very little discomfort left, and what's left of the bloating is more than likely something they call fat :).  At least most of it went away.

Yesterday was the first day that I had my AN headache come back.  Of course, that's because I stopped taking any meds at all for my abdomen, completely forgetting that I had to keep my headaches in check.  That's a good sign that things are back to normal.

I'm looking forward to the cooler weather coming for Thanksgiving day and into the weekend!

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

cin605

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 03:11:19 pm »
Hi Ernie,

Sorry to hear that you needed an appendectomy. I guess your appendix found out about your AN and got jealous.   ;)  Enough is enough get well soon!

Sending wellness wishes,
Wendy
;D ;D ;D ;D
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old

cin605

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 03:13:02 pm »
Glad to hear u are felling much better..Happy Thanksgiving to u n yours.
2cm removed retrosig 6/26/08
DartmouthHitchcock medical center lebanon,N.H.
43yrs old