Author Topic: FOUND Acoustic Neuroma Video - I dont know if you guys have seen it  (Read 7593 times)

Windsong

Re: FOUND Acoustic Neuroma Video - I dont know if you guys have seen it
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 08:17:19 pm »
Had to reply Jacobs....

I wondered the same thing about the jazz..... I liked it, so it would be fine with me if i had that procedure and "listened" to that music while "under".... :)

I've been reading more of that site and watching all the press clips.... modern medicine continues to astound me.

Windsong

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 02:02:20 pm »
Both my (very experienced) neurosurgeon and my radiation oncologist claimed that they didn't believe endoscopic surgery was feasible for successful AN removal, but probably would be, some day.  Hopefully, soon.  Perhaps they were wrong?  Too late now for me, anyway.  I had the tried-and-true suboccipital retrosigmoid surgery in June.  It went fine and all is well.   Still, considering the small number of annual cases, it's good to know that AN removal surgery is being addressed and the surgical techniques are improving.  I liked the jazz, too.  :)
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 12:56:17 pm »
To Captn' Deb: "Deball"? HILARIOUS!!!!!

Driving down to Florida end of September for a little R&R and a tour of fresh hurricane carnage. Probably stop at Roanoke Rapids, NC over night - near your neck of the woods - sort of. I'm thinking: possible PBW summit?  May have dinner in either Raliegh or Fayettville. Gonna vist my old stomping grounds: Gettysburg, Fredricksburg, and Antietam on the way. I'll send up a flare at "South Of The Border" if on the return trip!

I'm just "a ragged pair of claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas' (T.S. Elliot - The Hollow Men)

Paul DeBall - The Bucineer.
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

antoinette

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 07:42:11 am »
Hi Nate,
I have seen an An endoscopic surgery about 2 i/2 years ago on a Swiss chanel, it was made in German and French and I believe either in Germany or Switzerland, I think it was another one that the one you found. I was very impressed, but not many people believe in endoscopy in my list. I do. This is such a treat to see this. Thank you very very much indeed.
There may be a few more of these videos in German or French as they seem to have adopted endoscopic procedures quite readily over there.
antoinette

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 07:49:01 am »
To Captn' Deb: "Deball"? HILARIOUS!!!!!

Driving down to Florida end of September for a little R&R and a tour of fresh hurricane carnage. Probably stop at Roanoke Rapids, NC over night - near your neck of the woods - sort of. I'm thinking: possible PBW summit?  May have dinner in either Raliegh or Fayettville. Gonna vist my old stomping grounds: Gettysburg, Fredricksburg, and Antietam on the way. I'll send up a flare at "South Of The Border" if on the return trip!

I'm just "a ragged pair of claws, scuttling across the floors of silent seas' (T.S. Elliot - The Hollow Men)

Paul DeBall - The Bucineer.

Message me re-this subject I'm a lil outta the way, but worth the trip!! Dr. Love may worry that I'll run off with another rock band  not the first time in my life!
Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW