Author Topic: Calimama Report  (Read 3608 times)

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
Re: Calimama Report
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2008, 03:29:04 pm »
I say Dr Rutka today and received another nerve block for the scar neuroma.   I might need an out patient procedure next to remove the tumour and scrap down the bone.  The bone has grown slightly deformed which is adding to my troubles.

Dr Rutka said Trish is doing well and was quite pleased over "our" concern for her.  I reinforced how wonderful this forum is.

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

lori67

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2008, 04:06:42 pm »
Ann Marie -

Thanks for checking up on Trish.  We're so darn nice around here!!  ;D

I hope that if you do wind up needing the outpatient procedure, it takes care of your pain once and for all.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

calimama

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2008, 07:29:08 pm »
Fabian here. It is thursday night around 8 pm. Three days after surgery Trish is resting and feeling a little weak. They removed 98% of the tumour leaving a little bit on the facial nerve. Weakness on the left side but she can close her eye with much concentration. Face is numb but it's suuposed to be temporary. She has been a little dizzy and experienced double vision. Walked today with help of walker and therapist. Excpect to be here for a couple of more.days. She is very grateful for all your replies and concern and will update more when she is able.
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2008, 07:59:35 pm »
Hi Fabian,

It all sounds like par for the course to me. There was a discussion recently about short term double vision after surgery - lots of people had that. If Trish can already move her eyelid a little, it sounds like the facial issue may be temporary as well, which would be very good news. With a 10 hour surgery she may need a week or more just to start moving around on her own. Be patient, don't stress, and get lots of rest, it sounds like she is going to do fine.

Take care,

Steve

8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

wendysig

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2008, 06:46:53 am »
Hi Fabian -
Glad to hear Trish is doing well.  I can't comment on surgery end of things as I have not yet had mine, but I do know from my research fatigue is absolutely the norm  Hopefully, she'll see a little improvement in how she feels every day.  Hope you and Cali are well too.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!