Author Topic: Clean MRI!  (Read 4364 times)

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Clean MRI!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2009, 06:17:36 pm »
Thanks again to those who contributes to this forum and keeps it alive.

Eve

Thanks to you too, Eve - since you're one of us who contributes and keeps the forum alive  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

jerseygirl

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 07:17:59 pm »
Thanks, Jan! ;D ;D ;D

Michelle, when my "scar tissue" was officially declared a regrowth, I also did not know what to do. If somebody told me that 10 years later I would have another surgery thousands of miles away from where I live that would be totally pain-free, I would never believe it in a million years. However, this is what actually happened. Chances are very good that you will never have to do anything about your AN in your lifetime. However, if you have to in another 10 years, neurosurgery and radiation will be even more advanced and better than now. Chances are great that you will keep your facial nerve.  Think positive! And enjoy your life!

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 08:31:03 pm »
Thanks Eve! I am so glad things turned out so well for you. I am happy for this forum and the knowledge it brings.
Each and everyone has something to give and for that I am grateful. It helps to keep us all informed and in the know.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

waypoint

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 09:25:23 pm »
Eve,  That is wonderful news. I am estatic that your results came out clean. What an inspiration. I pray that my next MRI comes out clean also.
2.4cm AN removed, Retrosigmoid, 10/1/07
Memorial Hermann, Dr. Chang & Dr. Alp
lost hearing Lt side, paralysis Lt side hopefully temporary
recovered from the balance issues at about 4-6months

Tumbleweed

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2009, 10:34:25 pm »
Eve, I'm late in reading this post but want to add my congratulations and well wishes. Yours is terrific news. I am so happy for you. Thanks for sharing this with us all. It's so great to hear about a successful outcome. It gives us all hope. And we're always happy when "one of our own" comes through okay like you have.

Best wishes,
Tumbleweed
L. AN 18x12x9 mm @ diagnosis, 11/07
21x13x11 mm @ CK treatment 7/11/08 (Drs. Chang & Gibbs, Stanford)
21x15x13 mm in 12/08 (5 months post-CK), widespread necrosis, swelling
12x9x6 mm, Nov. 2017; shrank ~78% since treatment!
W&W on stable 6mm hypoglossal tumor found 12/08

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 09:35:21 am »
Eve-

I have been away from the Forum for a few days - so imagine my joy when I read your post this morning!!  Now we have yet another thing to celebrate this Saturday!! I can't wait to see you Saturday and give you a big hug!

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

jerseygirl

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 02:39:53 pm »
Thanks! I cannot wait to see everybody on Saturday! Sounds like it will be a big celebration!

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 04:36:53 pm »
your news really made my day!! Big congratulations, Eve!!

Great way to start the year!!

All the best in 2009!!
Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co