Author Topic: choosing a doctor  (Read 5144 times)

james e

• 75years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
Re: choosing a doctor
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:42 pm »
I did not know any doctors that do this type of surgery. I was referred to a surgeon, referred to a radiologist, and told to wait and watch. Then I read a thousand reports on this site. Then I changed my mind what I would do several times. I asked for some help to chose what I should do...everybody said I would have to chose, and I was the only that could do that. I looked into the advanced searches on this site for doctors in the major cities in Texas...no need to fly. I looked for patients on this site that used those doctors, and read there posts. I wrote personal notes to them and they responded. Computers are great, but the people that operate them make them valuable tools. The responses never hinted about what to do, but related to their experience, and I based my decision about who to interview to be my doctor based on a readers digest of what I heard. I picked my doctor, got treated, and could not be happier. The best day I had in months, was the day I made my decision how to be treated, who was going to do it.

Don't be in a hurry. Use this wonderful site. One day the scale of information will begin to tip one way or another, and you'll know what is best for you.

James

beachman

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 07:13:42 am »
Everyone, I can't tell you how much I love this forum. :-*  This is a life saver while going through this.  I have done what you guys suggested.  I made a list of questions 70 to be exact and put each in a folder for each place we are consulting with.  That alone helped decrease the stress.  Hopefully by next weekend we will have a decision.  I am so happy to read about the translab successes this week.  So far we have been told that would be the approach by one surgeon. 

michelle d.

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2010, 08:31:57 pm »
It's so awesome to see so many people reach out...and i so concur with james...you will do your own "research" and then at some point, for me it was just when i thought i might go crazy from so much information, you will KNOW and make the right choices for your situation. And that's when i had peace about all my choices. After that, it just seemed to all fall into place and went smoothly. Do your research and you'll know.  :) michlle d.
Acoustic Neuroma on right side--removed Nov. 13th, 2009 @ Strong Hospital, Rochester, NY....Translab.   50 years old