Author Topic: I made it and things really could not be better!!  (Read 5396 times)

BostonBill

• Aside from tumor, picture of health, living dream
Re: I made it and things really could not be better!!
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 06:51:20 pm »
Happy 4th of July everyone! 15 days post and not doing all that bad. Last few days facial paralysis more noticeable. More so than first 10 days. Unable to eat things that require me to open wide. Wonky head comes and goes, along with some end of day head pain.
Seeing my Neurotologist Wednesday hope to discuss hearing aid options for my right ear.
Otherwise fighting the good fight. Still feeling like I am ahead of schedule and looking forward to the Holiday!
Be well!!
Bill
Diagnosed Dec 21, 2010, 1.75 x 1.75cm plan is for retrosigmoid removal scheduled for June 15th at MGH by Dr Barker & Dr Lee. Putting off so I may enjoy my sons senior year varsity hockey, lacrosse seasons and graduation. That and our annual trip to Cancun in May.

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 07:00:27 pm »
Sounds good Boston Bill, I am 4 weeks and finally feel like it might have been worth it afterall.  Have a great 4th, take it easy keep on the recovery road!!
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 02:39:00 am »
Hello Bill, sorry for jumping in so late, but congrats on the recovery.  I remember those first few weeks after surgery things didn't seem to be happening fast enough, but the body is amazing and before you know it, you realize that you are closer to normal and you don't remember when it happened, it just did.  I had middle fossa surgery and part of that requires the cutting of a jaw muscle on the scalp to get to where they need to.  I couldn't open my mouth wider than a half in for a long time, but then one day I realized that it had pretty much gone back to normal and I hadn't remembered when that occurred.  So anyways, here's to your continued recovery and positive attitude. Happy Fourth! :)
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

Desilu

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 06:46:06 am »
Hi Bill,

I had the same problem as you and Jay. Could not open my mouth very wide, but I didn't let that stop me from eating the things I wanted. While I was out in L.A. we went for lunch at this really neat hamburger place, when they placed the burger on the table it was about 4 inches high. I smashed the burger down with my hand and then ripped it into small pieces, I enjoyed  every bit of it. It will get better, it just takes some time. Most of your symptoms are normal and temporary. Your doing great!  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger