Author Topic: My results are in.  (Read 7037 times)

kristin

Re: My results are in.
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 10:28:58 pm »
josh...let me reassure you this...you won't remember a thing! i always said i'd 10x rather be me during my surgery than my parents.
8 x 5 mm Left Acoustic Neuroma
Middle Fossa
House Ear Clinic
Dr. Derald Brackmann, Dr. William Hitselberger
April 14, 2005

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

linda l

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 11:43:27 am »
Josh
I was wondering if anyone else had seen House.  I looked at my husband when they threw that possible DX out and said we're famous!!
And John, great MRI report!!!
LL

nannettesea

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 05:32:03 pm »
Josh,
Be brave, have that drink, and I'll say a prayer for you.  I had trans-lab too, they said it was the least invasive, so I went for it despite perfect hearing in the AN ear.

"Discomfort" my a...I was on percocet, but having the bandage so tightly wound around my head it gauged (sp?) my forehead and gave me an extremely bad headache didn't help.

Be prepared for some severe vertigo.  They'll have you in ICU for the 1st night, which is one big thrill--the machines keep you awake all night long.

Just want you to know these things, not to scare you but to give you some idea of what to expect.  You'll do just fine...it's so nice to get knocked out until the post-op recovery room.  Make sure you have loved ones around to be there for support.
Alll our best,
Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05