Author Topic: need advice  (Read 4315 times)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: need advice
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 01:45:25 pm »
Sam:

I'm glad you at least have an explanation for the CSF leak.  I'm sorry that addressing it will delay your AN surgery but it obviously has to be controlled before the surgery can be done.  Consider it just another bump on the road to wellness.  You'll be O.K.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 05:44:24 pm »
Sam -

thanks for following up on this and letting us know what the outcome was.  I've been wondering.

I'm glad you asked your doctor about it.  It would have been a little disconcerting to go in for your AN surgery only to have this problem discovered, as I imagine they would have cancelled the surgery at that point.  Sounds like it's much better to solve this problem prior to the AN surgery. 

I hope the surgeon tells you on Monday that this leak is a quick fix.  Please keep us posted.

Hang in there,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

cmp

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 05:45:34 pm »
Sam--

Sorry to hear there is yet another bump in the road for you, but I'm very glad that the leak was caught before it got infected or something awful like that.

Do keep us posted on what you learn at Monday's appt, and I'll be sending you peaceful vibes this weekend. You deserve them!

Carrie
5 cm AN surgery, Shands Hospital, FL, Dr Albert Rhoton, 1988; VII-XII anastamosis for right-sided facial palsy 1989; diagnosed Feb 2008 w/ 1.8 cm recurrence; drs McKenna & Martuza; surgery rescheduled for 6/24/08!

wendysig

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:37 pm »
Hii Sam,
Thanks for updating us, I have been wondering how you were.  Sorry to hear your problem did turn out to be a CSF leak, tht's really a tough break.  I'm so glad you had it checked out.  Since my surgery is tomorrow, I will ask Debbi to let me know how you are going over the next few days.  I'm sending you lots of healing thoughts and look forward to seeing future posts from you on how things turn out with the surgery to repair the leak.

Hugs and prayers,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!