Author Topic: staple removal  (Read 5257 times)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: staple removal
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2008, 12:01:42 pm »
So what happens if one wants to make a reference to charles d***ens? 

Tammy - glad you survived the "de-stapling", but sorry that it wasn't quite as easy as we'd all told you.  Isn't it just great to be a trendsetter?? > :o

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Tamara

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2008, 02:20:29 pm »
OK, now I'm curious to see what happens when I type in *****willow and cockle... that's p u s s y w i l l o w and c o c k l e in case they don't come through...

bein' naughty,
Tam
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

Tamara

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 02:26:37 pm »
Hmm, you don't even get a partial on the first one, yet the second comes through fine.  Who made up these rules??

And as far as the trendsetter business, I figure I won't ever get arthritis or heart disease because everyone gets those...I just get this weird stuff...not even your "normal" AN, but an adipose one.  Then the "almost unheard-of" CSF leak through the incisinon.  The other weird things I have are cold urticaria (I get hives in cold weather, and I live in Wisconsin!), and a massive yearlong inflammatory response to a tetanus shot (also extremely rare).  And my daughter's condition doesn't even have a name, though there are a couple that sort of fit...

Rarely,
Tam
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08
postop issues including CSF leak, eye issues, and facial palsy.  All issues resolved at 9 mos. except slight facial palsy & weakness.  Continuing to improve...

sgerrard

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2008, 06:58:53 pm »
Yes indeed, the automatic censoring program is a bit primitive. It reminds me of that "Unnecessary Censoring" bit they do on the Jimmy Kimmel show - it tends to emphasize the words it is trying to censor out. It would probably be wise not to test it out too thoroughly, please.   ;)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Tamara

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2008, 08:09:15 pm »
Don't worry, Steve, those are the only ones I could even think of ;)
7 mm AN left side
translab 6-12-08

cherrypiper

• Hope is what this is all about
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 05:45:15 pm »
i had 13 staples in the stomach , a couple in the head and one on the lower spine.

the only one that tweaked was the one on the spine. kinda like a pinch.

i found it helped me alot to not watch him do it though  LOL

i'm a wuss.........

Dr. said i had an extreme tolerance for pain drugs but i have no tolerance for pain........

the removal shouldnt hurt a bit!!!!!!!!!!
10 mm x 2.4mm surgery date 12/03/07

glad to be here

wendysig

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 07:15:28 pm »
Tammy,
Glad to hear you are glueless stapleless and suturesless!  I hope the resut of your recovery is uncomplicated to the point oif being boring -- you've been through more than Gour share of trials and tribulations.  Sorry the experience was somewhat painful but hopefully all AN related pain is now behind you.  On with the healing!!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!