Author Topic: Debi's Got A Date August 17th  (Read 3382 times)

ghenier27

Debi's Got A Date August 17th
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:29 pm »
First of all, thanks to all of you that have been here for me. It was, like so many of yours - it was a hard decison to make. I did my research, met with the doctors. Did back ground research on them. And looks like my date is August 17th. I am excited and overjoyed that it is done and all I have to do is have the surgery and deal with the recovery. I am told that the surgery will be done in 4 hours and I could perhaps even go home in as little as 3 days after surgery.

Once again, many thanks to all of you BUT especially Phly, who has been there for me. Debi

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Debi's Got A Date August 17th
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 10:05:20 pm »
Congratulations on making your treatment decision, Debi. 

I know from personal experience just how hard that can be. 

Who is doing your surgery? and where?

Also, did you put it on the AN Calendar (link at the bottom of Steve Gerrard's profile - and various other places).

Jan

PS - I agree, Phyl is wonderful.  Isn't she?  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ghenier27

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 06:15:26 am »
My hot date is going to be with Dr. Antonilli & Dr. Lewis at Shands at the Unversity Of Florida.

I didn't put it on the calender because I didn't know how to do it. I am very happy and excited all at the same time.

I am going to have someone take photos during my process and hopefully be able to keep everyone informed of my process along my journey. I think this is a wonderful thing for all the members of the board to see and read. It has helped me alot and I just want to pass along my experience along to others. ;D

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 06:25:35 am »
Debi

I noted it on the calendar for you:

http://www.my.calendars.net/an_treatments/

Congrats on making your final decision..... time to rawk and get it out!

:)

Phyl

"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 01:29:09 pm »
Deb ~

Let me hasten to add my congratulations on your treatment decision and thank you for all of your kind words, especially to Phyl, who performs yeoman's work as a supporter and helper (in many ways) to AN patients. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ghenier27

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2009, 06:31:32 pm »
Many thanks to you too Jim. You have also answered my questions on this forum as well. I am just so glad that I was able to find this site, chat with some of you. And know what should be my next step. I cann't wait to be a postie toastie. Debi