Author Topic: Candle Power  (Read 4985 times)

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
Candle Power
« on: July 27, 2009, 09:42:48 am »
This topic is way off the subject of vestibular schwannomas, and begs for an explanation.  I thought it might be interesting to put this out there to see if someone can come up with the answer (I certainly don't know it).

"google" candles.wmv and watch the video of candle-powered energy. 

Have a good day all.
Karen
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Candle Power
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:46:45 am »
Karen, I had heard of this... from someone who is a Pagan.  We had a very dear mutual friend that was extremely ill.  We had to get a special candle, use a pin to scratch her name in the candle, etc... and for a while, our friend did well.  I have and believe in the power of universal energy and I thank you for sharing this with me/us.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 03:04:31 pm »
Phyl, the "candle power" in the video has a guy showing how a light bulb can be lit using two candles, wires, magnet and nails.  By lighting the candles the light goes on!  He also powered a little motor using the lit candles.  I'm baffled as to how this energy from the candles can power a light and motor.

The candle power you referred to is something I am unfamiliar with, but have a sister-in-law training to heal using "universal energy" and seems to be working on her cat with a cancerous tumor.  I am not surprised though, by successful stories of healing from "other worldly" powers. 

Thanks for the response and I'm hoping someone will come up with an explanation.
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 03:14:14 pm »
thanks Karen and yes.. you are right about how baffling that can be but maybe an electrical engineer (or spouse thereof) to a forumite can help elaborate.

My notation, in seeing "candle power" just reminded me of my friend and how the universal energy helped to keep her comfortable in agonizing days. Many hear will remember a couple of years ago and my mentioning of my friend Wendy..... we used a different "candle power" to help her out.

Let's see if anyone can elaborate on the "candle power" you shared to figure out how its done... as for the "candle power" I mentioned... I have a feeling of how it is done.. and am amazed as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

sgerrard

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:50:40 pm »
I'm pretty sure it was a hoax.   :(

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 08:56:53 am »
I googled it and got so many hits that I could not figure out which one you were talking about. Can someone provide a direct link, please?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 08:55:32 am »
I googled it and got so many hits that I could not figure out which one you were talking about. Can someone provide a direct link, please?

Sara

this is what I got to and gave up ...

my older sister was a practicing Wiccan at one time and used candles of different colors for healing or
for running off bad vibes and such ... 

in town there is what most people refer to as the hippie store that sells home made bees wax candles for healing ,
calming , energy etc ... they make them with natural dye and say the color and scent help to relax or
invigorate you and promote healing of some ailments ... and they make a mean bowl of basil tomato basil soup
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Pooter

• The Official Breeze Conjurer - PBW
    • Blog Website
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 04:28:21 pm »
Here's a link to the video:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtUlIGK_kl0

How it's actually done, I'm not sure... HOWEVER, it's HIGHLY suspicious that the guy's hand keeps going under the table just before the light bulb / motor comes on..  Watch his hand carefully.  He always puts it under the table prior to the device being "powered" by the lit candles.  My guess is some sort of transferrance of power from something under the table, through the candle and to the nails, through the wire and to the device.

Granted, it looks cool..  But, I'd have to go with Steve et al, that this is a hoax.

Watch it and judge for yourself.

Regards,
Brian
Diagnosed 4/10/08 - 3cm Right AN
12hr retrosig 5/8/08 w/Drs Vrabec and Trask in Houston, Tx
Some facial paralysis post-op but most movement is back, some tinitus.  SSD on right.
Story documented here:  http://briansbrainbooger.blogspot.com/

"I must be having fun all wrong!"  - Roger Creager

Crystaldo

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 09:26:17 pm »
Phyl, the "candle power" in the video has a guy showing how a light bulb can be lit using two candles, wires, magnet and nails.  By lighting the candles the light goes on!  He also powered a little motor using the lit candles.  I'm baffled as to how this energy from the candles can power a light and motor.

The candle power you referred to is something I am unfamiliar with, but have a sister-in-law training to heal using "universal energy" and seems to be working on her cat with a cancerous tumor.  I am not surprised though, by successful stories of healing from "other worldly" powers.  

Thanks for the response and I'm hoping someone will come up with an explanation.

Yeah, “candle power” and the use of candle as a universal energy are amazing. They are both used in different forms, the first one was used in science while the latter one was used in healing. Candles are truly powerful, personally I find it relaxing to light scented candles at night.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 09:36:13 am by Crystaldo »