Author Topic: AN regrowth  (Read 1955 times)

thecakes

AN regrowth
« on: March 20, 2006, 12:41:51 pm »
   Sometime it makes me really think.  Am I going to get another tumor.  I do'nt know how many times I read from a posts that another tumor came after 5 years or so.  The patient says they must not of got it all in the first place,  but whats the difference?  New tumor or regrowth?  Iguess whatever happen, happens.

Kathleen_Mc

Re: AN regrowth
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 05:14:04 pm »
The Cakes: The thought of having another tumor never went totally from the back of my mind, however I continued to live my life as if it would never happen. What else can you do? I can understand thinking about it more at some times than others though. Before finding out I did indeed have another tumor I found I thought more about it around the anniversary of the diagnoses and surgery.I always thought if it ever happened I would never undergo surgery again, in fact I told my husband that early on in our relationship, that I would just live my life until I died from it.....things changed though and to surgery again I went. I guess all we can to is live in the present and right now we don't have a tumor growing in our heads. Kathleen
1st AN surgery @ age 23, 16 hours
Loss of 7-10th nerves
mulitple "plastic" repairs to compensate for effects of 7th nerve loss
tumor regrowth, monitored for a few years then surgically removed @ age 38 (of my choice, not medically necessary yet)

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: AN regrowth
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 08:22:14 pm »
Cakes,

it's not a pleasant thought. I am going through this and from time to time, I think - why, why me. I attacked it but it grew back.

After the depressed moments, and i won't hide from the fact that there are, i also think about the positives. The available treatments, the information flow and the cyber buddies who are going through similar issues.

You are right, what happens, happens. Got to use the hand that's dealt to us.

I am a really private person, I don't discuss these serious health issues at home coz I don't want to worry my family beyond where they are now. I do find that posting on this site, giving advice or encouragement a huge help, and of course the hunour. One has tobe silly from time to time. Laughter is a great medicine and I try and make a point of laughing all of a sudden anywhere. That does help. It won't remove whats in the head but it will alleviate mental anguish and anger for a period of time.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz