Author Topic: Post Treatment Gamma Knife  (Read 2566 times)

BonnieB

Post Treatment Gamma Knife
« on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:44 pm »
I just wanted to send out a big thank you to some of my fellow AN friends. I had Gamma Knife Yesterday and things went great. Had a bit of bleeding from one of the screws in the back of my head, but seriously no big deal. I'm a little sore today, but nothing bad. I have been playing with my 3 boys all 5 and under. Carrying around my teething 18 month old. Life is good! GOD is Better! I'm pleased with my decision to do GK first! We'll see how things look in 6 months! I am expecting miraculous healing! For all you newbies out there look into GK first! It's definitely an option for those of you who can't do a long recovery. AN is not the end of your life. As long as one ear works you'll get used to the jet plane in your head and even begin to appreciate quite dinners. God bless all of you! I pray restoration of hearing and healing on every one here! HE still heals!!! Thank you Stacey, for Dr. Desaloms # and the encouraging words of wisdom!

LisaP

Re: Post Treatment Gamma Knife
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 05:18:56 am »
Hi Bonnie,

Keep us posted on how you do post treatment.  I stilll W&W have my next MRI on Oct 21st in Boston.  Still have not made a decision on what I going to do. 

Best wishes,

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 06:23:15 am »
Bonnie -

sounds like you had a great experience.  Thanks for posting it - it will be very valuable for newbies, as well as those "oldies" trying to make their treatment decisions.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

GRACE1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 07:20:58 am »
Bonnie:

I am so happy you were pleased with your GK experience.  Keep us updated.

Grace
Diagnosed 7/06: AN - right side: 1.3cm in transverse dimension, 6mm in AP dimension, and 6mm in cephalocaudal dimension.
GK 12/06- Wake Forest Univ Baptist Med Ctr
MRI 5/07- Some necrosis;  Now SSD
MRI 12/08- AN size has reduced 50%
MRI 12/11- AN stable (unchanged from 12/08)
Next MRI: 12/16

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 08:03:17 am »
Bonnie

Congrats to you for being a "toastie postie" (radiated post-treatment) :) and thanks for sharing this with us. As others do their research into treatment options, everyone that is post treatment and the info shared by those "posties" is truly helpful to others doing their research.

Take it easy... again, congrats to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 02:32:43 pm »
Congrats fellow "Zapper"  !!  Looking forward to a great follow-up MRI !!
Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!