Author Topic: First Annual UK AN Support Group Meeting and Pub Crawl Edinburgh 22 Oct 19:00  (Read 7250 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
Please join Joebloggs and NancyMc at the first annual UK AN support group meeting and pub crawl.
Place: Various pubs in Edinburgh
Time:  19:00 (7 pm to you Yanks)
Come one, come all.
See you there!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 03:27:43 pm by NancyMc »
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

doctorb

That sounds like so much fun; wish I could be there for that...haven't had a Beer since well before my surgery two months ago!  Hope all you guys have a great meeting and crawl!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Hey Nan!  :-*

I did the last one down in Dorset England last Christmas..... without the pub crawl.  Did Sunday Brunch and it was great. Had a nice turnout (approx 8 of us), with post surgical and post radio... and get this... had a husband/wife AN couple (both have AN's!  She had surgery.... he is W/W).

Since bloke and I won't be there (and will be at the ANA brunch in Worcester instead), have a great time... enjoy some haggis (yuk!) and a safe/terrific trip to you!

Bon Voyage! Safe journey!

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NancyMc

Thanks, Phyl.
Okay, so it'll be the second annual.  I do recall your saying something to that effect back pre-op.  New brain has all kinds of excuses. 
The veggie haggis deep fried (which is all I've ever had) from the local chip shop in Mid Calder is brilliant!  Actually, my college classmate (who lives in Mid Calder) had an emergency resection of her meningioma the size of a grapefruit, so I'll have to add her to the invite list.  She had not such a great outcome but manages and is glad to be alive.
Have a dumplin' for me!
I'll be winging back trying to avoid swine flu that day.
Nancy

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
Nancy,

Wish I could be there too! Have a drink or two for me okay?  ;D

Enjoy your trip!

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

joebloggs

Whoop whoop can't wait!
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

NancyMc

Please note change of date to Thursday 22 October.
Place still TBD
Thanks!

joebloggs

Place is the Cloisters Bar in Bruntsfield at 5pm, if anyone else is rocking up - I don't have pink hair so unfortunately will not be as easy to spot as you may think... look for the two idiots saying "what", "can you repeat that", "sorry - say it again" etc etc everytime they say something!  I'm on my way up now on the train - so loving the free wi-fi on the train.  We'll post photos after the event!

xx
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!

Kaybo

so excited for y'all!!  ENJOY!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kiwi Don

Hope you have a great night, and have a couple of Tennants for me.

Don
24July09 Diagnoised with Left AN 2.0cm x 1.9cm
Translab Scheduled 7April10

"Received the Ticket, Boarded the Train, and now the Journey has begun??"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
This sounds like so much fun!!!  ;D

Have a great time and ask someone to take a few pictures that you can post for us.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Nancy, I'm sorry you won't be with us this Sunday for the Worcester brunch but...... tickled you and JB are hooking up tonight!  Have a pint for me and the bloke... we're jealous we can't be there. Hoping next yr, we are back in the UK to visit bloke's family. Will keep all updated.

*raises pint of warm, dark beer*

Cheers! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

NancyMc

Done deal.  JB just as crazy and cute as in all her posts.  Felt as though I'd known her all my life.  Pics to be downloaded Monday upon arrival home Monday.  Tried a Piraat at son Mac's urging.  Yum!  Aargh!  But had an early night, only two pubs Cloisters and Brauhaus as Dave caught my cold.  Wish we all lived near each other.  Sorry to miss the brunch although my clothes will thank me.
On another subject, if anyone catches the Pats Buccaneers game, watch for son and two mates with T O M painted on chests (O will be in shape of heart) and Mac will have his Pats towel on as cape.  All of this in an attempt to get on TV.  Needless to say, they plan to hit a few pubs pre-game in London and watch the other kind of football match.
And a little Aussie told me someone knit Steve a hat!  Must search this out straight away.
TTFN
Nancy from Scotland

NancyMc

Here we are!  Wished you all were there, too.  fortunately, one of us is photogenic.

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
What a beautiful picture  ;D

Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games