Author Topic: Regenerating Nerves New Research.  (Read 1428 times)

robynabc

Regenerating Nerves New Research.
« on: October 08, 2009, 01:13:06 pm »
Hope all is well.  I saw this article thought of my son and you guys.  Who has nerve damage to his throat and you guys that have facial issues.  I believe they will, over time,  get better and better at this.  And nerves do regenerate.  I try to tell Eric this when he gets exasperated at his coughing problem.  They are researching it so that is great. 

http://www.physorg.com/news174132597.html

Peace,

Robyn
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:30:58 pm by robynabc »
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Regenerating Nerves New Research.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 02:45:31 pm »
Thanks, Robyn ~

Interesting article.  I trust that Eric will see improvement in his swallowing problem in the months to come. 

Stop by more often...we've miissed you!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

robynabc

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:27:38 pm »
Hi Jim.

I know I should be here more.  I think of you guys often though.  Sounds like you are doing well.  Eric is busy but still coughs and gets frustrated sometimes but we all know it could have been much worse.  It is hard with his asthma issues on top of it.    I have a friend that has some issues in his lungs and he always tells me that technology changes all the time. He was able to get some medications through the years that made his condition better.  And he knows the same will happen in nerve research.  

I will stop by more often.  Have a great night.

Robyn
18 yr Son 4.5+ CM AN  surgery 6-27-07 at CU in Denver.Drs Lillihei and Jenkins. Complete removal on facial nerve with no paralysis at all. Paralized vocal cord that is causing swallowing & voice issues.  SSD. Went to a movie theater 11 days after surgery. Great Doctors!! That is most important.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 09:33:10 pm »
Good to see you, Robyn. 

Thanks for the link - very interesting information.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways