Author Topic: A sad dose of reality....  (Read 7664 times)

GM

• I hate annual MRI's !!!
    • My Blog Page
Re: A sad dose of reality....
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 01:17:00 pm »
I am truely sorry for the loss of your friend.  We are fortunate to find a few "friends" in our lifetime, you are blessed to have shared time with yours. 

There is a song by "Third Day" that seems to be appropriate right about now...

in sympathy,

Gary

----------------------

Cry Out To Jesus - Third Day (2005)

To everyone who's lost someone they love
long before it was their time.
You feel like the days you had were not enough
when you said goodbye.

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
keepin' you back from your life.
You believe that there's nothing
and there is no one who can make it right.

There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
and love for the broken hearts.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are.

Cry out to Jesus. Cry out to Jesus.

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
have lost all of their faith in love.
and they've done all they can to make it right again
still it's not enough.

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
you try to give up but you come back again.
Just remember that you're not alone
in your shame and your suffering.

He'll meet you wherever you are.

Cry out to Jesus.

When you're lonely and it feels like the whole world is falling on you
you just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus

Cry to Jesus.

To the widow who suffers from being alone,
wipin' the tears from her eyes.
For the children around the world without a home,
say a prayer tonight.

that meets you wherever you are.
that meets you wherever you are.

Originally 1.8cm (left ear)...Swelled to 2.1 cm...and holding after GK treatment (Nov 2003)
Gamma Knife University of Virginia  http://www.medicine.virginia.edu/clinical/departments/neurosurgery/gammaknife/home-page
Note: Riverside Hospital in Newport News Virginia now has GK!!

jamie

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 01:19:02 pm »
Phyl,

I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.  :(  I wish you and her family the best, and know that you will be reunited with her again at some point in our existence.
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 01:33:24 pm »
Gary,

thank you... I loved the song and can't thank you enough for sharing it with us.... so applicable to all of us here. You are a dear for sharing it.

jamie, thank you hun.  And you are right... we all do see each other again at some point in "time". :)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

nannettesea

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2006, 01:50:20 pm »
A therapist once told me that my heart had been broken open with all my grief and loss--to let me experience not just the sadness but real joy as well.  I loved that way of putting it.  I've had 3 losses of immediate family members, too, in the course of 3 years.

Nan
1.7cm x 1.4cm x .8cm, right ear
Trans-lab approach
Dr. Jay Rubinstein, U of WA
8/29/05

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2006, 07:51:02 pm »
Nan, so many hearts broken but I know... in time... we will all reunite! I am a firm believer in that!

I can't thank you all enough for your ear (the good one), the shoulders, the emails and the posts. I did go to the wake tonight. I was one of the first one's there.  Not a dry eye anywhere. I met her folks for the first (and probably last) time and thanked them for sharing their daughter with me and everyone that got to know her. I hugged John tight and reminded him that we are all here for him. He looked at me, with both of us crying, saying "I'm counting on it.  I know I'm going to need you all after things calm down".  He does not know about my treatment upcoming... was not the time or place.  I came home and sat in a Radox bubble bath (Sage/Muscle Soak) and tried to relax... but, instead, cried my eyes out. I think I needed that cry. It was a healthy cry.  I released my anger of a young woman taken so suddenly and tragically...I cried that I lost a lovely woman from my earthly life.... I cried to let my own situation's stress out.  I cried that my CB and I are not together at this time when we both need each other and miss each other terribly.  I cried a healthy cry to release any and all woes my heart and soul have been experiencing.

I know today will end... and tomorrow will be brighter. Any day will be brighter than today, but I know that I was able to say my goodbyes.. .and my thank you's to everyone here and in my life that certainly earned them from me...

xoxooxox to you all.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

matti

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 12:39:37 am »
Hi Phyl - Been off the site for a couple of days, I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My husband and I lost a very good friend of ours 2 weeks ago, she had a heart attack and died instantly. She and your friend were so young...

hugs and kisses to you
matti
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2006, 06:22:05 am »
kris,

It definately is a "heart" breaker.

I just wanted to thank you ALL for the support, phone calls, emails, songs, and support this past weekend. I've come to terms with what has happened.  I have no choice but to see the reality of what has happened and will miss her terribly.  Hoping I can support John, her husband, as best as I can in the coming weeks, in light of my situation. Thinking of having him over for dinner to get him out of the house, make sure he has a home-cooked meal and we can sit and chat and will hopefully be the shoulder and ear he needs.

You all rawk. What more can I say?  You have certainly shown me what tremendous hearts you have and I cannot thank you enough! Truly!

xoxo
Phyl