Author Topic: Familial AN ?  (Read 4984 times)

suboo73

Re: Familial AN ?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 04:12:41 am »
Hi Kat!

Just saw your posting - please give your sister my best and wish her well as she goes thru her testing.
My sister April will be happy to read how well you have done with GK!

Take care and let us know how your sister is doing.
Enjoy your sailing!  :)

Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

kat

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 08:11:20 pm »
 ??? HI Lori67

I hope that you and your home have survived the recent Noreaster in tact ... We have had many delays starting our sailing trip and have been holed up in Portsmouth in Tidewater Marina and have seen weather and winds and storm surge unlike anything we have experienced before ... There has been much damage to the marina installations and we have been trapped on our sailboat for two days due to the dock being flooded but now all is OK .  I have been wearing earplugs to shut our the screaming winds and have now developed an annoying crackle as an addition to my tinnitus which I do hope will go away sooner rather than later .  We hope to on our way again as soon as the Virginia cut on the ICW opens again .

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .

lori67

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 07:30:17 am »
Oh Kat, that must have been awful!  I think the worst part of the storm was no one expected it to be so bad so it caught everyone off guard.  Fortunately, we did fine - lost some fence in the back yard and some tree branches but other than that, no damage. I think the worst was being stuck in the house for 3 days with a 3 year old and a 7 year old!  We didn't lose power either, so we were lucky.

I'm sure it was no fun for you, but at least you're safe and that's the important thing.  If you need anything, let me know - I'd be more than happy to help you out!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

kat

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 08:34:28 am »
 :) Hi Lori67

Good to hear you survived the storm OK and many thanks for your offer of help. We are now much happier having seen the sun again after 5 days and look forward to the rest
of the trip and also my tinnitus is now back to normal so all in all things are looking up.

Regards Kat
2.2 cm AN diagnosed July 2004 . GK at  the Royal Hallamshire
Sheffield UK in April 2005 2nd MRI in December 06 showed signs of the AN shrinking and MRI in FEB 08 showed no change . SO FAR SO GOOD .