Author Topic: update on Baha surgery site  (Read 2730 times)

tenai98

update on Baha surgery site
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:45:46 pm »
Good news, good news....
the square hardened scab was the prisma...The  prisma is suppose to granualate and disslove...Looks like my boday didnt like this intruder and turned it to stone...it was very hard...the wound care nurse cut most of it away (no pain, still numb in that area) andl left the area alone around the abutment saying eventually it will just flake and fall off....the skin is nice and pink and healing well...did take a pic take isnt as close up as last one...so it doesnt look horrific...Another appt next friday with in between visit from the nurse to change the dressing which is now aquagel instead of prisma...
JO
[img][/img]

[/img]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 01:58:32 pm by tenai98 »
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

JerseyGirl2

Re: update on Baha surgery site
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:08 pm »
Jo,

This looks a lot better than the previous picture! Hope that everyone who saw the original will make it over to this thread; I think we all feel better now.

I do have a question -- what's that red area to the lower left of the abutment -- the incision line?

Glad that things are going well and that you're well on your way to complete healing!

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 01:54:16 pm »
Congratulations, Jo.  I'm pleased to learn that there were no real problems with your implant site and that it's healing nicely.  Now, onward to the BAHA!. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

tenai98

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 01:57:39 pm »
Catherine
Its just scabbing...I ripped it a little when I pulled off some gauze that got stuck on....Seems my skull doesnt like invaders of any kind
JO
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 02:12:39 pm »
ya know, Jo... ya gotta stop scaring me like that!  :o  The be-geesh just blew out the window! :)

(thrilled to see you are healing in a wonderful direction now... stop scaring me, will ya?  :-*  :-*  :-*  )

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

tenai98

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 06:55:11 am »
well Phyl, seeing that it is close to Halloween, I guess it kinda fits...lol...mind you I finally got a good night sleep and alot of tension taken off of me now that I know its all ok....this was more scary then the tumor itself...geeeshh...Oh well alls well ends well....if only I had the processor to attach and dress up as Frankenstein's wife....lol
jo
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
Baha surgery sept 22/09
cyberknife on June 7

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:24:38 pm »
Jo -

thank goodness all is well!  I've never heard of a prisma, but I'm relieved that your healing is on track.

In this picture your BAHA site looks much more like mine did than the last picture you posted.

Best wishes for continued healing  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

wendysig

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 11:17:55 pm »
Jo,

I have to agree with Jan that your latest picture looks a lot like mine did after the healing cap came off.  You have more irritation, but given what you've been through, that's understandable.

Wishing your continued good healing,

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!