Author Topic: post op - 6 weeks  (Read 4171 times)

denisecarey

post op - 6 weeks
« on: October 24, 2009, 04:44:28 pm »
Hi everyone

I am doing very well, no where near as many headaches as a few weeks ago, I think my balance issues are returning which doesnt really bother me because I have always had balance issues even before the AN.

Still speaking very quietly (I want my own voice back cant even have a decent arguement with Brian)  :'( anyone know how long it is till my voice does get louder?

I have also been wondering how I get to put info on my AN and surgery at the bottom of my post but have it there every time iIpost, can someone let me know how to do that?

Denise

age 36, live in UK
3.8cm AN diagnosed March 09
Retrosigmoid  3 Sept 09 at Heath hospital CARDIFF
debulked tumor facial nerve intact
headaches, balance issues and ssd

another NY postie

Re: post op - 6 weeks
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 05:29:54 pm »
Denise,
Glad to hear from you - sounds like you are making the slow but steady progress we call AN recovery!  For your update, go into profile (button above) and then look on side bar and you will see Update Profile Information/click on that.  Then write your information under signature and save.  This will put it under your messages.
Cheryl
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:31:55 pm by another NY postie »
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:00:57 pm »
Hi, Denise ~

Thanks for the update!  I'm pleased to learn that your recovery is progressing nicely.   If you still have difficulty inserting a signature please let me know via PM and I'll help you with that.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lawmama

• I'm a Postie Now!!!
    • My AN Blog:
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 04:26:51 pm »
Hi Denise,

Your signature is working perfectly.

I'm pretty new around here, but I'm still glad to hear that you're feeling better.  I hope you get your arguing "pipes" back soon.  If you want, in honor of you I will yell at my husband a little extra tonight.   ;D 

(Hope you don't mind a little joking.  I do seriously hope you get your voice back soon.)

Lyn
9mm X 7mm tumor (left side), diagnosed 10-15-09
Retrosigmoid on 12-14-09 by Drs. Antonelli and Lewis (my heroes!)
Shands in Gainesville, FL
SSD, but no facial issues.  Mild tinnitus.

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 06:01:45 pm »
HI Denise!

Sounds like you are doing just fine.  My voice was a while coming back to normal - the nurses all attributed it to the tube down your throat during surgery - I assume it was a long one, as are most of ours in the club!  My voice was really thin, soft, and weak for a good while.  Now, my family fondly remembers those days!!!!  just kidding - no matter what they say, they are glad to have me back to my "new normal"!!!

Hang in there and keep making steady steps forward. 

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 06:29:50 pm »
Hi, Denise.

Thanks for the update.  It sounds like you are doing well.

I didn't have a soft voice, but I did sound exactly like Mickey Mouse for a few days post op.  I have NO idea what that was all about, but my older sister who came to visit me in the hospital, still laughs about it.  ;D

Hope your recovery continues to go well; remember that things take time and patience post op.  As I recall, the fatigue post op can be overwhelming at times - so get lots of rest and don't overdo it.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 06:52:05 pm »
Hi Denise,

Six weeks is still early in the recovery process, so diminished headaches is terrific.

That is great news. 

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Vivian B.

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 04:41:25 pm »
Hi Denise,

Thank you for the update. Looks like your recovery is going well. That's great!

Vivian
CPA AN(most likely meningioma) 1.6cm by 1.5cm by 1.9cm diagnosed early March 09. Watch and Wait.

moe

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 12:32:24 pm »
Denise,
Sounds like you are doing very well as you said! ;)

The headaches being less severe is a real plus. Nice gentle walks will help with balance. Just keep truckn :)

Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty