Author Topic: This Week 11/1 in the AN Calendar World  (Read 2449 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 11/1 in the AN Calendar World
« on: November 01, 2009, 04:08:29 pm »
Daylight Savings Time ends.  So, hopefully you remembered to turn your clocks back one hour this morning at 2:00 a.m.  As the saying goes, "fall back” – "spring forward”.

Last Wednesday, Maria (mll) had retrosigmoid surgery.  Hopefully the surgery was a success and that it also took care of the tigeminal neuralgia she has been suffering with. Fingers crossed.

I just saw that today Sunday is Cheryl’s (Cheryl R) 8 th anniversary of her first AN surgery.  Happy Anniversary Cheryl, we know you have been through a lot, and hope you never have to under go another procedure!

Monday Doc (DoctorB) has his first MRI follow-up.  Doc, we know you’re AN Journey has not been easy.  We will be praying that your MRI reveals “no change”, so that you will be able to continue with your plans for CK early in 2010.

Also on Monday Theresa (tsl) will be celebrating her 2 year anniversary since she had radiosurgery at MGH in Boston.  Happy Anniversary Theresa, and we hope your MRI from last week revealed good news as well.  It was really nice to see you again last Sunday at the Brunch in Worcester, Ma.  Hope to see you there next spring.

Wednesday Dennis (DR) will be having surgery at HEI in L.A.  Dennis we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery this week, and a speedy recovery as well.

Also on Wednesday Sue (vogstar5) will be having her 1 year MRI, after her translab surgery in October of 2008.  Sue we will keep you in our prayers for a clean and unremarkable MRI.

And for those on the recovery road of their AN Journey, there are no speed traps on this section of the highway, so full speed ahead ;D

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 11/1 in the AN Calendar World
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 04:23:16 pm »
Rich ~

Thanks for the weekly update.  Our clocks were dutifully turned back and schedules adhered to - but thanks for the reminder.

My best wishes and prayers for Dennis ('DR') as he undergoes surgery on Wednesday at HEI.  He's in good hands.  :)

Good vibes to Doc as he undergoes his initial follow-up MRI.  I'm sure he'll do well - but a prayer can't hurt!  Same for Sue, as she has her 1-year MRI scan.  :)

Sincere congratulations to Cheryl and Theresa on their respective AN treatment/surgery anniversaries! 

For those in recovery, know that it does get better with time and that we're all rooting for you!

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

suboo73

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 05:03:23 am »
Rich,

Good to hear the updates for this week - thanks!

Cheryl & Theresa - happy AN-iversaries!  Best wishes for continued wellness. 
Sue & Doc - good luck in the tube-o-gloom - may the results be unremarkable!
Dennis - may your surgery go smoothly - special healing thoughts to you and your extended family.

Thoughts and prayers to all those who are struggling with decisions/treatments/on-going healing.

Sincerely,
Sue
suboo73
Little sister to Bigsister!
9mm X 6mm X 5mm
Misdiagnosed 12+ years?
Diagnosed Sept. 2008/MRI 4/09/MRI 12/09/MRI 1/21/11
Continued W & W

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 06:16:11 pm »
Rich,

Thanks as always for the updates and reminders.  I don't know what I'd do without them.  Sometimes I think I'd foreget my head if it wasn't attached!   ;D

Maria - I hope your surgery went well and that the trigeminal neuralgia has been relieved.

Cheryl -  Once again withing you a happy 8th anniversary.  That's quite a milestone!

DoctorB -  I'm hoping you survived your visit to the tube of gloom in good spirits and that you get good news so you can have your CK treatment according to plan.

Theresa - Happy  2 year anniversary.  I hope your MRI results bring only good news.

Dennis -  Good luck on Wednesday.  I'm sending wishes for a speedy, uncomplicated recovery.

Sue -  Hoping that the results from your MRI are good news too.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 08:10:42 pm »
sending wellness wishes to all... continued good vibes for those enduring upcoming treatments.. and for the woman who LURVES desserts... well done! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"