Author Topic: Question????  (Read 4742 times)

Sobes

Re: Question????
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 04:29:20 pm »

Hi Bren .....

You are correct that we are not trained radiologists.  However, if you notice, there are all kinds of assymetrical bumps, squiggles, and spots that my untrained eye cannot identify.  Did you get a copy of the radiologist's report, as well.  If so, was there any mention made of any other abnormality or "findings?"  Hopefully, it is something very normal and explainable ..... and as I said before, you should ask your neurosurgeon or his/her office staff for clarification ..... that is their job, to reassure the patient.

Let us know what you find out.

Clarice, you are so correct about all the bumps, etc! lol ;) I am going to call and will let you know! 

Bren~

My 2 cents.

My tumor is on the facial nerve.  This is why the ENT said surgery to remove it would guarantee damage to the facial nerve so basically, surgery wasn't an option for me.

I'm almost done with my proton radiation at MGH.  So far so good...

Laura

Laura, thanks for your input! So they knew for certain that yours was on the facial nerve? They don't seem to know for sure which nerve mine is on?!?!?! Very glad to hear that your radiation is going well! :)

Bren~

Clarice
Small AN, left side, Oct. 22 2009
Surgery Dec. 22 @ UW Madison (wonderful doctors)
SSD (left side)

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 07:04:36 pm »
Bren,

As you've indicated, you have a plan to call the neurologist for clarification.  My assumption is that if the doctor had a copy of the MRI and the report at the time of your visit, is that it isn't something to worry about.  That being said, it is good to follow up. I try to get a copy of my report prior to seeing the doctor, so that I can have time to formulate questions.

Let us know when you get the clarification.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Denise S

• from MICHIGAN ツ
    • Denise Sanford's Blog
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 08:44:11 pm »
Bren, I know, I know I need to email you!!

But, if the scans were done at a local hospital go in to medical records and get a copy of the report (will need id)  If not, try to call where it was done and see if youcan fax something with your id & signature.      ALSO, everytime you go to a hospital for tests, bloodwork anything, ask right at admissions if you can sign a paper for them to send you a copy yourself.

I know some of it is hard to understand, but atleast they may mention different things on the reports.  For example on mine where they were originally looking at a different tumor, but over the years of MRI's the comments started showing up about the acoustic neuroma and other things.

Oh, God be with you and good luck.   I hope to update my blog real soon, and email you!!!!!!!    DO think of you daily, just been a little blah.

take care and good luck
DENISE
W&W 2 yrs. (due to watching other brain tumor: it's stable)
Left AN:  1.2 cm (kept growing during 2 yr.)MIDDLE FOSSA  11/9/09;  Michigan Ear Institute Dr. Zappia & Pieper
SSD, mild tinnitus, delayed onset of facial paralysis lasting 3-4 weeks, no tears AN side
BAHA surgery 10/2/12 Dr Daniels G.R.,MI

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2009, 05:44:01 am »
Bren .....

Just want you to know you are very much in my thoughts and prayers as you go through surgery tomorrow.  I know you have been very busy preparing for tomorrow, but I hope someone will let us know how you are doing.

Best thoughts.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2009, 07:31:28 am »
Good luck tomorrow, Bren.

Best wishes for a speedy, uneventful recovery.

See ya as a postie soon!

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

another NY postie

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2009, 08:03:22 am »
Bren, just adding my prayers and thoughts to others for your surgery day!  WIshing you a quick surgery and uneventful recovery.  My AN was on the inferior/lower part of vestibular, up against cochlea and my facial nerve has been perfect so don't worry, it sounds like you are in good hands.  Can't wait to hear from you in postie land!
Cheryl
5 mm lateral IAC (impacted?) diagnosed 6-09-09
middle fosa 9/23 HEI - Brackmann/Schwartz
all tumor gone, facial perfect, no ringing
SSD on right side - Rockin' and Rollin'

pjb

• Sad to say now a W & W
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 08:09:55 am »
My thoughts and prayers will be with you and wishing a speedy recovery.

Regards,

Pat

Diagnosed with a 1 cm. AN had Retrosigmoid
Approach surgery July of 2009, several problems after surgery.