Author Topic: Not diagnosed, but thanks in advance!  (Read 21743 times)

sybil

Re: Not diagnosed, but thanks in advance!
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2010, 06:18:22 am »
Well Doodle, that 'wax check' may turn out to be a blessing in disguise! Tomorrow's the big day. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

So, I picked up my MRI yesterday and looked it over. At the risk of sounding even more crazy, I think I see something. Actually, when my kids got home from practice (they're 15 and 16), they saw something too! There does seem to be something different, but we are not doctors. Could the radiologist and my ENT have both missed something that seems so clear? If it were just some kind of a cyst or something, wouldn't they have remarked about it in the report?

Anyway, if I can figure out how to get the images uploaded, I will try and post so I can get some opinions.

Doodlette

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2010, 02:29:01 pm »
Well, I just called the MRI place, and good news:

1. I just have to tell them beforehand and I can take a CD home with me.
2. They *are* using the contrast.

So I may "kinda" know tomorrow, given that I've looked at a lot of MRI pics online. :::crossing my fingers:::::

Doodlette

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2010, 02:31:31 pm »
My only question: this MRI place is about 20 minutes from home. There's a Wal Mart nearby. My mom will be in the car.

Would I be totally crazy to run into Wal Mart to their picture thing and view the CD there, then print one out if I need to? She may forbid it. LOL.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2010, 05:21:21 pm »
Dood -

you're starting to scare me a little here.  Take a break from the whole idea of an acoustic neuroma and chill a little.  Wait for your results before you get yourself too nervous.

CDs of MRIs can be viewed at home on the CD-ROM of your computer.  No stop at Walmart necessary. 

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2010, 07:17:28 pm »
As I said before, be careful about doing your own interpreting of the MRI.  Wait until you get home and view it in the privacy of your own home.  There will be many blips and blobs on it that are totally meaningless (and normal) unless you know what you are looking for.  If you have a large AN, it will vividly stand out as a large white blob on one side only.  ..... but, be very, very careful not to jump to conclusions until you go over the results with your doctor.

As Jan said, try to relax a little bit about all of this or it will backfire on you ...... meaning you will be unable to separate "real" symptoms from stress/pressure induced ones.  In other words, do not borrow trouble by overanalyzing the MRI.

Best thoughts and prayers for tomorrow.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

sybil

« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2010, 09:14:47 pm »
I think I uploaded a few of my MRI images if anyone wants to take a look. Started a new thread - My MRI images. Hope it works!

Doodlette

« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:40 pm »
After seeing the "marble" on Sybil's MRI, I'm thinking maybe I'm better off not looking and waiting for the report. There's no telling what I might see and think is something bad.

So how long does it take for the radiologist to issue his report and get it to the doctor?

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2010, 06:53:07 am »
It varies ..... from 24 to 48 hours, or longer.  Ask when you go for the MRI when the report will be ready.

Good luck.  Clarice

Doodlette

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2010, 05:09:55 pm »
Well I had the MRI today and opted not to take home a CD. I'm going back tomorrow for the CD with the radiologist's report.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2010, 07:48:55 pm »
Dood -

sounds like the best plan of action.

Leave the diagnosing up to the doctors.

Good luck,

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Doodlette

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2010, 03:47:39 pm »
Hey everyone! Good news - no tumor. I took the report and CD over to my mom's house because I was scared to open it alone. And there it was in black and white: unremarkable. Woot!

You guys have been so great to me, and I so appreciate it. I'm sorry you have to go through this crap, but I'm amazed by the kindness and humor around here. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Dood

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2010, 04:08:34 pm »
Dood ~

Alright!  I'm so glad to learn that the MRI showed no tumor.  This should be cause for at least a small celebration.   I'm pleased that we were able to offer you some support as you went through this ordeal.  I just hope the real cause for your symptoms can be located and addressed. Have a super weekend!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2010, 06:35:55 pm »
Dood .....

So glad it is not an AN, but I do hope you can find an answer to your symptoms soon.  Hopefully just knowing it is not an AN will make you feel better.  Check back in with us and let us know how you are doing.

Best thoughts and prayers for relief from your symptoms.

Clarice

Doodlette

« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2010, 07:47:08 pm »
Thanks, you guys.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2010, 08:49:01 pm »
Now aren't you glad you didn't race to Walmart?

Congrats, Dood  ;D

Glad your MRI was "clean"

Jan