Author Topic: Need words of encouragement please  (Read 6156 times)

nanramone

Re: Need words of encouragement please
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 02:36:48 am »
Laura Lynn,

As a "newbie", I can tell you that reading your words only made me feel stronger about my own situation. By reading about what others are going through, I realize I am fortunate that this tumor is not large and I am hopefully a candidate for GK. Please don't apologize - I'm learning to face the reality of this thing because people like you are willing to open up and express your feelings.

Thank you for sharing and I hope your work situation gets better.

Nancy

Desilu

Re: Need words of encouragement please
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 08:47:07 am »
Hi Laura Lynn,

You are already on the road to recovery by reaching out for help. I was told by a counselor that any kind of brain trauma can cause depression. I was almost 3 years post-op when I started feeling this way. With her help and the right medication, I was able to function like a normal human being. I couldn't believe the change in myself. I finally began to see the glass as half full instead of half empty. I have since weaned myself off the medication (by her advice) and am able to enjoy myself again. We have all gone through many issues with our AN's and that's why we have this website to help each other. You have more physical issues that I have never experienced so I can not comment on them. I can say, as you already know that there are lots of wonderful people on this website that will do just about anything for anyone here. You have received great advice from some of them already and I'm sure it will continue to encourage you to look and feel better about yourself. As hard as it may be, try to keep a positive attitude, for me, that was half the battle. Life goes on and you will get through all of this. I will keep you in prayer as I do all of the AN group.  Ann
HEI July 26, 2005
5mm X 8mm Left AN
Middle Fossa
Dr. Brackmann & Dr. Hitselberger