Author Topic: Oh, My...Surgery date changed again!  (Read 3167 times)

knakag01

Oh, My...Surgery date changed again!
« on: May 12, 2010, 04:38:33 pm »
Okay, so my translab surgery with Dr. Jackler at Stanford has been changed back to the 19th of this month. This is the fourth, and hopefully final, change in dates.

So, we are back to Tracy on the 18th, me on the 19th, and Sue on the 20th. Busy week of translabs!

Kim
Kim
1.9cm x 1.2cm AN Right side
Diagnosed 11/09
Translab with Dr. Jackler @ Stanford on 5/20/10
Facial Paralysis (temp) & SSD Right side, some balance issues but not as bad as I thought :)

Lizard

Re: Oh, My...Surgery date changed again!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:35:26 pm »
I'm so confused trying to keep up with your Drs, geez I hope this is the last one! I mean how are you supposed to prepare if they keep switching it up?
 ;D

Liz
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:29:16 pm »
My surgery date was changed three times and I ended up having surgery 6 weeks after the original, not cool when you are trying to psych yourself up for it.
Good luck to all three of you from New Zealand......keep positive.

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

sues1953

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 09:45:32 am »
OMG  ::)  They are running out of time to keep this up.  Its hard enough for me to mentally prepare for next week without wondeingr what day of the week it will be.

I hope this is it.  I will be thinking of you as I prepare for the 20th.  Please post as soon as you can.  My daughter will let you all know as soon as I come out of surgery.  Sue
3.2 cm AN Right side diagnosed 12/4/09
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

sues1953

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 09:51:06 am »
Dear Jacqui,

Thanks for the well wishes....1 more week ::).  Did you have your surgery on Tuesday, or did I miss somthing?  I was suprised to see a post from you.  I do hope all is well.

Sue
Translab surgery May 2010 with Dr. Jack Kartush and Daniel Pieper at Michigan Ear Institute.
Successful surgery .5mm left on facial nerve.  Full facial movement. SSD, Tinnitis, tongue and lip numbness.  No headaches.  Back to living life.

kiwi

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 02:58:30 pm »
Hi Sue

I did have surgery on Tuesday, this time only 4 hours and I was out of hospital Wed afternoon. The reopened my old wounds and stopped my leak and now Im all better!
Hopefully you will only need to do this once.

Good luck!

Jacqui
3.6cm AN Left side diagnosed Dec 09.
Translab surgery 16th March 2010
Left SSD, Facial Paralysis
CSF Leak surgery 11th May 2010

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 03:57:29 pm »
Kim ~

I think this seemingly constant surgery date switching is unfair to you, the patient, but of course, you have no control over it.  Let's hope this is really THE date. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

knakag01

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:59:57 pm »
Sue,
I'm so glad your daughter will be updating us! Nate, my sweetie, will be posting an update for me. I'll ask him to relay your and & Tracy's updates back to me!

Kim
Kim
1.9cm x 1.2cm AN Right side
Diagnosed 11/09
Translab with Dr. Jackler @ Stanford on 5/20/10
Facial Paralysis (temp) & SSD Right side, some balance issues but not as bad as I thought :)

Tracy Lynn

• If you are going through hell, keep going.
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 01:29:44 am »
I wil be here to update. If I'm unable, I've already instructed family on the task :)

We're getting down to the wire.

My new niece is due 2 days after surgery. I'm excited. I hopefully will get to see a lot of her since we will both be home for awhile :)
Right ear, 3.5 cm  Diagnosed 3-23-10 pre-op symptoms: 90% loss of hearing, headaches, Tinnitus.
Translab surgery 5-18-10
Post-op symptoms: SSD, Tinnitus, wonky-head
BAHA implant: 9-2-10

*Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, its not the end.*

sues1953

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 06:56:43 am »
Kim,  Good luck tomorrow you will me in my thoughts and prayers.  :)

Sue

Tracy is in Gods hands.  I hope to hear something before I leave for the hospital.  I will see you both in postie land. ;)