Author Topic: Capt Deb cancer update  (Read 43400 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Capt Deb cancer update
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2010, 04:11:35 am »
Capt.... hope you got some rest overnight...... and that the meds are helping with da brain wreck! Will phone later to check up on you!!!!!!!!

wet smoochies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxoxoxoxoox

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

moe

« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2010, 08:30:14 am »
Good news, now rest, and be at ease :)
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2010, 10:14:48 am »
Lots of rest, we need our Capt back to sail her ship.

Lots of love,
Anne Marie
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2010, 01:13:10 pm »
I'm relieved to learn that Captain Deb got through the surgery O.K. and will soon be leaving the sick bay.  Methinks that now is the time for some R&R before she resumes command.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Sheryl

« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2010, 02:21:26 pm »
Don't normally scan through many topics but yours caught my eye - so glad your surgery is over and I'm sure you will do well.  I am scheduled for a needle biopsy of my thyroid next week.  Am concerned that 33 days of radiation for breast cancer in 2004 may have contributed to the need to do this.  Don't think my 9 year W&W for 9th cranial nerve schwannoma is involved at all.  Doc is not concerned at all - in fact gave me a choice to wait until next thyroid ultrasound in a year but didn't want yet another thing on my mind.
Continue to improve,
Sheryl
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2010, 05:29:01 pm »
Home from the hospital--BRUTAL migraine last night. Eclipsed any incision and back pain I was having--they just shot me up with 50mg demerol and Ativan every other hour or so.  Headache backed off mid-morning, so other pain started making itself known. Had to try to sleep sitting up due to throat drainage--so the moped turned out to be a slightly smaller Mack Truck!

Home at grandscallywags in charlotte and then back to Boone tomorrow.  Got my doggie and Dr Love with me as well as grandscallies so life is GOOD!

Thanks for all your well wishes, my AN family--we are so lucky to have each other!!!

Much Love,

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2010, 07:32:29 pm »
Capt.
  Thank goodness that is over with.  :P Things should get better from here, hopefully quickly.  You'll soon be prowling the decks of the PBW with the same swagger we've come to love.  ;D  Hugs to ya'
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2010, 06:12:10 am »
will call you today, Capn...... remember m'dear.... "day by day, inch by inch....".....  :)

xoxoox
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2010, 09:55:21 pm »
Deb -

sounds like Dr. Love is taking good care of you.

Hope the worst of it is over with.

Best  :-*

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

elliemae

« Reply #129 on: October 10, 2010, 08:22:02 am »
Oh, my ... I don't check the forum too often, and am just catching up on all the news!

Here, belatedly and for the future too, are my best wishes for you, Capt Deb!  If anyone can beat this, you can!!

Take care,
Elaine

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #130 on: October 10, 2010, 12:44:25 pm »
Feeling better--a little more lucid, but I look like a friggin' bullfrog!!  Neck all purple and swollen from new incision and the one that the doc had to fix from the last doc.  Good thing it's scarf season! Grandscallywags thought it was really gross--they love gross stuff. But Hey, it don't hold a candle to a middle-fossa-half-mohawk-staple-questionmark, right, folks?

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

moe

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2010, 01:46:23 pm »
Yay,
Glad to hear you are a bit more lucid, Capn. Yes, much better than the mid fossa questionmark, no doubt.
Healing thoughts your way,
Maureen
06/06-Translab 3x2.5 vascular L AN- MAMC,Tacoma WA
Facial nerve cut,reanastomosed.Tarsorrhaphy
11/06. Gold weight,tarsorrhaphy reversed
01/08- nerve transposition-(12/7) UW Hospital, Seattle
5/13/10 Gracilis flap surgery UW for smile restoration :)
11/10/10 BAHA 2/23/11 brow lift/canthoplasty

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2010, 09:34:53 pm »
Feeling better--a little more lucid, but I look like a friggin' bullfrog!! 

Captain Bullfrog  ;D

I thought you would like these critter pirate photos- the bullfrog in particular  ;)
http://www.daduber.com/gallery/index.php?q=Critter%20Pirates/1

Know we love you and we want you well.

Hmmmmm Halloween is around the corner.  ;) You could be frogs in pirate socks. Have the grandscallywags also dress as frogs... and let them wheel you around as they hop at your side.

Here is my favorite bullfrog scene clip from the movie Meet the Robinson's
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/1964033/2179991

You know? They do make Bullfrog Pirate T shirts
http://www.zazzle.com/cartoon_hearts_frog_pirate_tshirt-235621843042968849

Captain even know yer look like a bullfrog know we all luv yer any who. Yer rest up and focus on getting well again OR... or...will make yer HOP the plank.  ;)

HUGS from Oregon :-*

Keep moving (hopping) forward.

DHM

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2010, 10:28:56 am »
Cap'n Deb,
  So glad the turrible surgery part is over.  Praying for a good path report.  Hang in there, take it easy, and don't drink too much grog. ;D

Patti Yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Kathy M

• Kathy
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2010, 06:54:36 pm »
Glad to hear you are through your surgery and out of the hospital.  Sounds lke you are being well cared for and soak up every minute of that time, attention, and love coming your way!! 

Wear your scars with pride, Deb. You are here to tell the tale, scars and multiple colors to boot....life is about stories, and lots of 'em.  Halloween is coming you know - might still have some colors and swelling to really make it great for the kids!  (and that holiday marks my 50th b-day, so I'm planning on celebrating in a mighty way - even with the yuck still coming out of my head from 4 previous surgeries...but who's counting?!). 

I hope your pain is manageable and your healing is swift...and adventure-free!!

Hugs to you,

Kathy
AN diagnosed 11/14/08, 3+cm, Retrosigmoid 1/13/09, Univ. Hosp., Cincinnati, Drs. Tew and Pensak
no facial nerve or eye issues!
3 more surgeries related to staph infections & osteomylitis over next 13 months.  New diagnosis of breast cancer.  Treatment completed 08/27/10.  Moving on!!!