Author Topic: Stitches out today!  (Read 1951 times)

kraynok2

Stitches out today!
« on: November 24, 2010, 03:50:00 pm »
I had my stitches out today!   :D  That was a good feeling.  Since my surgery was 2 1/2 hours away in Pittsburgh, I had a local PA took them out.  I was surprised that he was very knowledgeable and knew what an acoustic neuroma was.  He said the cut and stitches were beautifully done and it didn't take long to get them out.  My dry mouth has finally subided and I can now eat more, thank goodness!  Now, if I can only get rid of this pain in my back end when I go from sitting to standing!  ;D    Sandy

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Stitches out today!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 04:14:26 pm »
Sandy ~

Congratulations!  I hope your back will soon feel better.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
Re: Stitches out today!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 07:00:14 pm »
Yeah, Sandy .....

So glad you have some moisture back in your mouth ..... makes life (eating and swallowing) much easier!  Sorry about the tailbone pain ..... try to avoid sitting in the same position too long ..... moving is probably good ..... moist heat might help, as well.  Find a good, soft cushion to sit on to avoid stressing it any more.

Best thoughts.  Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011