Author Topic: Tinnitus & eye twitching--on the other side  (Read 5831 times)

Syl

• Forgive me. I'm having an AN moment.
Tinnitus & eye twitching--on the other side
« on: December 10, 2010, 11:16:22 pm »
I now have tinnitus in my other ear. It began back in October. It's very faint, but it's there all the time. This week my eyelid on that same side began to twitch every time I sneeze. My hearing loss in my AN ear began with a sneeze. Maybe it's nothing, but I had to share this with my AN family. My next MRI will be in 2015. I don't think I'll wait til then. I will wait until my next AN anniversay in June 2011. Unless, of course, any new symptoms arise.

Syl
1.5cm AN rt side; Retrosig June 16, 2008; preserved facial and hearing nerves;
FINALLY FREE OF CHRONIC HEADACHES 4.5 years post-op!!!!!!!
Drs. Kato, Blumenfeld, and Cheung.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Tinnitus & eye twitching--on the other side
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:28:18 pm »
Syl ~

Of course I'm sorry to learn of the now-bilateral tinnitus and sneeze-related eyelid twitching that you've developed.  I agree with your plan to have a 'fresh' MRI next June - or sooner, should new symptoms appear.  I hope all will be well and that these recent symptoms are simply part of the healing process.   

Jim 
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Mark241

Re: Tinnitus & eye twitching--on the other side
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:37:46 pm »
I sure hope it turns out to be nothing. I used to catch myself thinkin everything I had was related to my condition, I have toned that down a bit, but ya really can't stop it completley. Hope your symptoms dont get worse, and the ones you have go away quickly.
4cm C1  16hrs                 Barrows, Jan 06      NF2
3.5 cm  Right AN retro       Barrows, Oct 06   
Cranial Plate removal           UNM Nov 07
LP                                   Barrows  Jan,2011
Wound revision                 Barrows Feb, 2011
5mm left middle Fossa,  (2) 2mm spine w&w