Author Topic: Second Interview with Dr. Chang Addressing Post-Treatment Symptoms  (Read 2769 times)

fbarbera

Dear Fellow ANers,

Yesterday, I conducted a second interview with Dr. Steven Chang of Stanford University Medical Center addressing the subject of Acoustic Neuroma-related symptoms.

As many of you know, my first interview with Dr. Chang addressed the subject of choosing a treatment.  This second interview is about 2 hours in length and addresses the following topics, among others:

• An in-depth discussion of common Acoustic Neuroma-related symptoms including hearing loss, balance disturbances, dizziness, vertigo, tinnitus, headaches, facial weakness or paralysis, cognitive impairments (such memory loss), and depression.
  • A broad discussion of the various causes and approaches to the management of the various post-treatment symptoms
  • Key considerations relating to the facial nerve and Dr. Chang's general approach to facial nerve injury
  • How the size of your tumor and/or the surgical approach taken may impact symptoms following treatment
  • Factors to consider when selecting the right physician, treatment and medical facility for treating your Acoustic Neuroma
  • Suggestions regarding choosing a treatment facility that will provide consistent and supportive post-treatment care
  • A discussion of the impact of emotional issues and depression on the course of Acoustic Neuroma post-treatment recovery
  • Dr. Chang's perspective on alternative medical approaches (i.e., acupuncture, biofeedback) to the management of post-treatment symptoms

In total, the two interviews with Dr. Chang represent about 3.5 hrs of Dr. Chang sharing in detail his perspective on choosing an AN treatment, select the right medical team and managing post-treatment symptoms.  

My hope is that these interviews will assist those who are exploring treatment alternatives, as well as those of us in post-treatment mode.

The interviews can be listened to and/or downloaded (as MP3 files) from the website below (in my signature line) under the "Interviews with Doctors" tab.

With blessings,

Francesco
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:14:09 pm by fbarbera »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Second Interview with Dr. Chang Addressing Post-Treatment Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:24:52 pm »
Thanks, Francesco. 

I'm anxious to see what Dr. Chang had to say; will check out your website later tonight.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways