Author Topic: Good News from most recent MRI!  (Read 2838 times)

jcinma

Good News from most recent MRI!
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:48:34 am »
Just got back from MGH and am very happy to report my tumor is smaller in size and Dr. Loeffler said it's appearance has improved too. I had FSR (30 treatments) back in 2005 and that was after surgery to have a 3.2 cm tumor (a re-occurrence) debulked to preserve the facial nerve. My first surgery was in 1996 for a 1 cm. tumor and I had already lost the hearing from that surgery.

My circumstances are unique (as all of our stories are) but I wanted to share the good news with you all.  It has taken a while for the shrinkage to occur but patience is something I learned very quickly recovering after my first surgery. 

Life is good!

Thanks for listening!

Jane

1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

msmaggie

• Blessings abound!
Re: Good News from most recent MRI!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 12:14:03 pm »
Thanks for sharing your good news!  As a group we like to support, encourage, and celebrate every step of the way. Here's hoping the trend of shrinking continues :).  Keep us posted!

Priscilla
Diagnosed  left AN 8/07/08, 1.9 CM
Surgery 12/10/08 at Methodist Hospital w/Vrabec and Trask for what turned out to be a cpa meningioma.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 04:13:25 pm »
Jane ~

Congratulations!  Although tumor shrinkage does proceed at a sometimes-glacial pace, I'm very pleased to learn that your recent MRI showed shrinkage, at last.  Always something for AN patients to be glad about!  Thanks for the update. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

BRO

• Not all who wander are lost
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:57 pm »
Jane,
When one of us gets a great report, we all feel good.  Since we are all walking this journey together as well as in individually, good news just kinda oozes through us all.  Thanks for sharing and helping us all feel a little better.  I hope your journey continues to be positive.

Chris
August 2010 15mm right side

MLB57

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 07:22:56 am »
Hi Jane,

Absolutely great news!!! Will you need any more MRIs or is it a done deal now after 6 years?!? My FSR was in Fall 2007--next MRI for me is April 2012 which will be 5 years... Just wondering..

In any event life certainly is good!!! :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the April Brunch!!!

Best always

Mary (AkaGrammyMary)
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

jcinma

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 04:58:29 pm »
Thanks Chris Jim and Priscilla and Mary

Hello Grammy Mary!

I will have another MRI in 2 years, I am not sure I will ever have the luxury of going 5 years. My prior MRI was 18 months ago, prior to that it was every year.  Please understand I am NOT complaining, I was hoping to hear that the tumor had remained the same size, the report of it shrinking was a real gift!!

On the grandma note, I now have 2 granddaughters!! Natalia arrived 3 weeks ago and needless to say I am having the very best time! Bring pics to the brunch, we can share and not torture anyone else (well maybe just a little)

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA