Author Topic: BAHA updates  (Read 2779 times)

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
BAHA updates
« on: May 27, 2011, 02:15:04 pm »
I was at the audiologist today and she tweaked by BAHA once more.  She turned down the power on the upper ranges, hoping that I will now be free of feedback forever!  That, plus the feedback managers are turned off.  Stay tuned.  But, she also told me, since I seem to have had a problem with power, that the Cochlear Intenso will have it's programmable model on the market in June or July.  That might be a consideration for me, even though my good ear has pretty good hearing.  I will demo it when she gets it.
~Dale
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego

JerseyGirl2

Re: BAHA updates
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 03:47:12 pm »
the Cochlear Intenso will have it's programmable model on the market in June or July.  That might be a consideration for me, even though my good ear has pretty good hearing.  I will demo it when she gets it.
~Dale

Dale,

Please keep us informed on the programmable Intenso. I've a long, rather unique, story about my (original model) Intenso, but am waiting to post it at a later time.

Catherine (JerseyGirl 2)
Translab surgery and BAHA implant: House Ear Institute, Los Angeles, 1/2008
Drs. J. House, Schwartz, Wilkinson, and Stefan
BAHA Intenso, 6/2008
no facial, balance, or vision problems either before or after surgery ... just hearing loss
Monmouth County, NJ

dalern

• My glass is always half full
    • www.dalebarnesrn.com
Re: BAHA updates
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, 01:18:18 am »
Catherine,
I did demo the current Intenso.  I found the sound loud, but not all that clear.  Perhaps it was because it was not programmable.  It's also a little bigger and seemed more uncomfortable on my head.  Time will tell.  I'll keep you posted.
~Dale
Would love to hear your story!
Dale Barnes, RN, MSN, CLNC
Tarzana, CA
1998 Sudden Onset Idiopathic Sensorineural  hearing loss diagnosed at House Ear Institute, Los Angeles
BAHA June 30, 2010 Dr. Jeffrey Harris UCSD San Diego