Author Topic: newly diagnosed in Bucks County, PA  (Read 3034 times)

rozpoz

newly diagnosed in Bucks County, PA
« on: August 17, 2011, 04:09:41 pm »
I am grateful to find this website.  So much information to try and absorb plus so much encouraging words.  Any recommendations for ENT or medical facility who is knowledgeable about AN in the Bucks County (Philadelphia) area?  I've scrolled through many of the posts but didn't see anything for this area listed but again just starting this journey and a little over whelmed.
Thanks again.
Rozpoz

sarahinPA

Re: newly diagnosed in Bucks County, PA
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:20:36 am »
Hi RozPoz,
I am in the Pittsburgh Area, and I know its a long drive on the turnpike, but I have had amazing doctors here for both Gamma KNife and Translab removal. Also, I believe Phillies has had surgery just recently in the philly area and might be able to give you some direction. If your interested in the Pittsburgh area, please send me a message and i'd be happy to pass along some information about my doctors!
Sarah
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.

rozpoz

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:01:15 pm »
Hi Sarah:
I am actually from the Pittsburgh area so good to hear from you.  For now, I think I will continue to research some of the major medical facilities in the Philadelphia area.  We have several so I would hope that one has experience with  AN.  So very confusing and frustrating. . .
Thanks so very much!
R.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 02:21:22 pm »
Hi Rozpoz and welcome to this forum .....

I do not know anything about the physicians in your area.  However, if you have not already done so, send for the free informational material from the ANA.  See:  http://www.anausa.org/index.php/contact-us/free-ana-information-packet  Also, it would be good to check the ANA physicians' directory:  http://www.anausa.org/index.php/medical-resources/physicians-directory/214-physician-directory-by-state

Keep in mind that there are many other excellent physicians in the U.S. besides the ones listed, but it is a starting point.

Tell us a little bit more about yourself (your AN and your symptoms).

Ask away with any specific questions ..... that's why this forum exists.

Many thoughts and prayers.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

rozpoz

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:37:05 pm »
Hi Clarice:
Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I did send for the informational booklets and did review the list of physicians.
 MRI showed 1.3 x1.2 x .06 cm mass right ear
WW for next few months but in the interim trying to learn as much as possible.
R

sarahinPA

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:15 pm »
This forum and website us a wealth if information! I'm glad u found us! Sounds like u may be a candidate for radiation, so I encourage u to look into that option as well as surgical removal to make the beat decision for you! Remember, every person is different and treatment is different based on doctors prefrences so if u don't like what u hear, try the next one! Good luck and keep us posted!!
2.3cm Diagnosed 12/19/08
Gamma Knife @ UPMC Pittsburgh 1/12/09
.2mm Regrowth 6/2011
Translab 7/29/11 @ UPMC
     temporary paralysis of throat-feeding tube 8 days; SSD; facial numbness; blood clot & pnemonia developed; 11 days hospital stay.