Author Topic: dental work on numb side of face  (Read 3537 times)

Karen

dental work on numb side of face
« on: September 26, 2011, 05:58:37 pm »
Has any body had a tooth pulled on the AN side.  I don't have feeling on that side am kind of worried about it.  not much choice though.  I ad my surgery almost 8 years agon and the feeling never came back.  Karen
Karen
     Surgery 12-17-03, nerve graft 1-04, 3.5 cm, facial paralysis, numbness and no hearing in left ear

Kaybo

Re: dental work on numb side of face
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 07:15:32 pm »
I have had a lot of dental work on that side over the years - they always go ahead & give me shots.  Funny thing is that on the "good" side, they have to give me a bunch of shots - it won't get dead - it is like my face is objecting to both sides being numb!!

K   ;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

dd

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 10:06:00 am »
I have a full facial paralysis and had to have a crown. I was concerned about the effect of the shot. I didn't want  lose facial  progress. I had the shots and all  movement returned. Numbness lasted about a half day longer.

hruss

• young and cheerful!
    • I made this group to help others!! (the group is in Bulgarian and in English)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 06:26:50 pm »
Karen,

I had some dental work on the numb side of my face. It was alright for me, at first doctors did not inject any shots (no need, I did not feel anything), later when my sensation was partially regained, I needed sedation.
It did not make any difference. Did it for you?

Hrissy
4.5cm right AN pressing on the brain stem, dn Sept 2007
2 Retrosigm surgeries in Oct 2007 and Jan 2008 by the Bulgarian prof. Kyrkeselian partially removed.
3rd retro surgery in Hannover,Germany by prof Samii, Oct 2008. SSD
Got rid of my bugger, temp facial paresis
hrissysexperiences.blogspot.co