Author Topic: fluid in head  (Read 4914 times)

cburley1

fluid in head
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:11:43 pm »
I'm one year post gk...I've always had symptoms and some have increased & some have gotten better...last mri on the 10th of this month shows possible 2mm growth or hopefully just swelling or the difference in cuts of mri...anyways for about the last month...sometimes when I go from a sitting to standing position...it feels like my head is filling with fluid...people talking to me or the sound of my own voice is like being under water, I get a little off balance when it happens...thankfully it only lasts a few seconds...but it is very noticeable when it happens....last night I turned over in bed and I got extremely dizzy for a few minutes...like being drunk....I used to get like that every once & a while and it may come or go or stay for a few days...and degrees of it vary....I was told then, that I had inner ear problems...but this is the first time since my gk that it ever happened...anyone have a guess or experience about this...I have another mri in 6 months to check to see if I have true growth...I hope not
1.6 cm into CPA  IAC an diagnosed in Nov, 2010..gamma knife in Feb 2011...facial nerve involved, only small section going into the brain stem shows on MRI, tumor either has it pushed aside or is wrapped around it, facial spasms & twitching, hearing loss, balance off, migraines....

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: fluid in head
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »
Hi ~

I'm not a doctor so this is simply supposition but your symptoms suggest an inner ear problem.  I would consult an ENT and try to ascertain what is causing this 'fluid' feeling.  It may be related to your GK treatment but I don't believe that anyone here is qualified to make that determination.  I know that I'm not. 

When you have a doctors opinion, please update us.  Thanks.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lrobie

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:45:52 pm »
I've been getting that dizziness that you describe when turning over to lay on my left side (AN side) for many years now.  It used to come and go, but now is all the time.  I have to get my head situated at a certain angle for it to stop.  I wonder if this is a common symptom of having an AN.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

phx

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:55:31 pm »
I'm one year post gk...I've always had symptoms and some have increased & some have gotten better...last mri on the 10th of this month shows possible 2mm growth or hopefully just swelling or the difference in cuts of mri...anyways for about the last month...sometimes when I go from a sitting to standing position...it feels like my head is filling with fluid...people talking to me or the sound of my own voice is like being under water, I get a little off balance when it happens...thankfully it only lasts a few seconds...but it is very noticeable when it happens....last night I turned over in bed and I got extremely dizzy for a few minutes...like being drunk....I used to get like that every once & a while and it may come or go or stay for a few days...and degrees of it vary....I was told then, that I had inner ear problems...but this is the first time since my gk that it ever happened...anyone have a guess or experience about this...I have another mri in 6 months to check to see if I have true growth...I hope not

You know your body best. You may want talk to your doctors.

I had CK in August of 2010 and started having issues in January of 2011. I had vertigo, trouble opening my eyes, coordination problems, times where my head would just drop, nauseau, fatigue, etc. Turned out that I had hydroceaphlus.

It feels good to know why my body was acting the way it was. The unknown is very scary.

I hope your doctors can provide you with an answer.

PHX
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:12:35 pm by phx »