Author Topic: Compiling list of consultative doctors  (Read 2440 times)

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
Compiling list of consultative doctors
« on: February 27, 2012, 01:02:49 pm »

Everybody,

I could use some help here!
I have the following list of Doctors who I am seeking some consultative advice on what to do next re:my slowly growing AN. (.4 x .4 mm)

1. Dr. Konduiloska
2. Dr. Haas
3. Dr. Sisti
4.Dr. Golfinos
5.Dr. Chang

I am interested in doing Cyber Knife but would consider Gamma Knife and since there has been a prior surgery in 1973 for 3 unrelated AVM's (which 70 + metal clips) I am limited in my tests and can only do CT scans with contrast.

My question to you all is are there any other doctors to whom I should send my scans?

Thank you for your consideration, I can travel.

Mike
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

lrobie

Re: Compiling list of consultative doctors
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »
Dr. Barry Hirsch, Neurotologist, UPMC - Presby, Pittsburgh.  One of his recommendations for me was cyberknife. 
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

MDemisay

• Forever Thankful for Supportive ANA Friends!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 01:28:44 pm »
Thank you Irobie!

I shall add the name to the list.
1974 - Dr. Michelson  Colombia Presbyterian removal of 3 Arterio Venous Malformations
2004- Dr. Sisti  NY Presbyterian subtotal removal of 3.1 cm AN,
2012 - June 11th Dr. Sisti Gamma Knife (easy-breasily done)"DEAD IRV" play taps!
Research, research, research then decide and trust in God's Hands!

ash

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 06:17:55 pm »
I also am trying to put a list together. I think I have chosen cyberknife because it seems to be best at preserving hearing. It is hard to find a doctor that performs a specific procedure.  I live in Jersey and the one doctor you listed is in New York. I am already deaf in one ear so I am trying to find one of the best. Please keep me informed of doctors you learn about,

Thanks
Born deaf in left ear, Diagnosed AN in right ear 2/1/ 2010 4 x 3 x 2mm; 8/1/2010 4 x 3 x 4mm; 9/1/2011 6 x 4 x 4 mm; 3/1/2012 8 x 4 x 4mm; Recommendations: U of Penn-GK; Stanford-CK; NY-CK; Cooper-Novalis; Pittsburgh-GK; HEI- still waiting ; Treatment: Stanford-CK 5/10/2012 (Dr. Chang, Dr. Soltys)

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 07:02:28 pm »
I would send your MRI to HEI in Los Angeles also as they have a high rate of preserving hearing in what is usually a NF2 patient to try to save hearing on one side.     You are in the small enough tumor size to maybe qualify or get their opinion on your tumor location to see if they could preserve your hearing withh mid fossa surgery.        Many drs are against radiation when it is the only side with hearing as there can be some chance of losing the hearing.   Many do keep it and that is what is hard to know prior to treatment.
I am NF2 and while did not go to HEI,have talked to them at the AN symposiums and know my treatment is what they would have done.    My dr at Univ of Iowa is against radiation for NF2.   Your case is similar to what is NF2 and tumors on both sides or in your case hearing loss on both sides.                       Just my opinion here as it is hard to know what is the right way to go.           I wish you well in how it goes for you.                          Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care